TOO MANY STEPS TO CALL! - HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. watamensch

watamensch Member This Topic's Starter

LOVE the Droid, but the design has too many steps to make a call.

1. Hit the PHONE key
    2. Hit Contacts
    3. Scroll to Contract - LISTED BY FIRST NAME, what's with that?
    4. Open Contact
    5. Select the number you want to call.

Voice dial only works sometimes... any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

There is a contacts button. From there hit search and im sure you can find most contacts within 2-3 keystokes. Also you can set default numbers for each contact and hit the dial button on the right of the contact.

3. MalikBear

MalikBear Well-Known Member

4. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Put the contacts shortcut on your home screen... This makes it a 2 step process...

Put the contacts widget on your home screen... This makes it a one step process...

5. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

Yea I use contact widgets for the people I call the most...although Launcher Pro likes to screw up the widgets ALL the time. Then I can just touch a contact and have a choice of the tasks I chose...usually Call or Text.

6. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Why dont you use "voice", Just click once and say "call whoever on mobile"............or whatever. :D

7. watamensch

watamensch Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have an accent, but I have a tough time getting the right answer out of the voice search... aside from that, "whoever" is not a friend of mine :)

8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Click search button and type name?

9. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

It makes calls?? :eek:

PurpleLove08 likes this.
  10. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

I use Dialer One for T9 search on dial pad. I also use vlingo for voice dial. I think it works better than the standard google voice search.

11. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

theres a favorites tab that lists the people you call the most. ive never thought making a call on my DX was any different than other phones ive had. with LPP i have a different shortcut for the dialer and contacts. dialer is where the favs are. simple.

12. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Member

You have 7 Home Screens available...set 1 screen up for 1 Touch Contact tasks.

I actually have a screen dedicated to nothing but Quick Contact Task widgets for each person I call or text a lot...1 have 15 set, but you can do 16.

Long press on home screen...Motorola Widgets...Contact Quick Tasks...Select contact...etc, etc

Once done, you have however many icons with pictures for reference set up and at the single press the phone dials out to that contact...

13. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Plus one for dialer one

14. gamelife1

gamelife1 Member

1.Under settings-Go to Search

2.Under Phone- Go to Searchable items

3. Check the contacts box.

Now, every time you press the search button on your phone you can start to type the contacts name an they will come up as one of the results. If you tap the little box with their picture in it, it will immediately bring up all the possible ways you can contact that person, phone, email, text messaging, facebook, etc. Just touch the one you want.

15. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Do you use RECENT or FAVORITES or have number pad set for certain called numbers?

Also: In you original scheme, you don't have to open the individual contact to make a call......

16. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I do a combination of many things.

1 - I added a speed dial app called Quick Dial. Holds 36 speed dials. There are 3 pages of speed dials so the first 12 are on the first page. Second and third pages are for people I don't call as often.

2 - To be able to put an instant dial to a person on your home page, I dowloaded an app called "speed dial" by CRinUS. This allowed me to create shortcuts to the people I dial every day and place them on my home screen allowing me one click access to them. I had to do this because I use ADW for my alternate home and it also doesn't work with the contact widget. I also created folders for email and text so that I can quickly email or text people with one click.

3- I also use dialer one to be able to use the T9 technology allowing me to quickly pull up people I don't call often.

4 - I downloaded an app called contact search to be able to search the notes within contacts via the google search. Example: I come across someone who has an ATV. His name is John, and he is looking to ride with other people. He gives me his number and I put in the notes ATV. I'll never remeber Johns name in 2 months when I plan my next trip, but with contact search I can now just type ATV in the google search and John comes up. I put all kinds of things in the notes now so that I can easily find people I am looking for.