• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TOO MANY STEPS TO CALL! - Help

LOVE the Droid, but the design has too many steps to make a call.

1. Hit the PHONE key
2. Hit Contacts
3. Scroll to Contract - LISTED BY FIRST NAME, what's with that?
4. Open Contact
5. Select the number you want to call.

Voice dial only works sometimes... any ideas?
Why dont you use "voice", Just click once and say "call whoever on mobile"............or whatever. :D

Upvote 0
You have 7 Home Screens available...set 1 screen up for 1 Touch Contact tasks.

I actually have a screen dedicated to nothing but Quick Contact Task widgets for each person I call or text a lot...1 have 15 set, but you can do 16.

Long press on home screen...Motorola Widgets...Contact Quick Tasks...Select contact...etc, etc

Once done, you have however many icons with pictures for reference set up and at the single press the phone dials out to that contact...

Upvote 0
1.Under settings-Go to Search

2.Under Phone- Go to Searchable items

3. Check the contacts box.

Now, every time you press the search button on your phone you can start to type the contacts name an they will come up as one of the results. If you tap the little box with their picture in it, it will immediately bring up all the possible ways you can contact that person, phone, email, text messaging, facebook, etc. Just touch the one you want.

Upvote 0
I do a combination of many things.

1 - I added a speed dial app called Quick Dial. Holds 36 speed dials. There are 3 pages of speed dials so the first 12 are on the first page. Second and third pages are for people I don't call as often.

2 - To be able to put an instant dial to a person on your home page, I dowloaded an app called "speed dial" by CRinUS. This allowed me to create shortcuts to the people I dial every day and place them on my home screen allowing me one click access to them. I had to do this because I use ADW for my alternate home and it also doesn't work with the contact widget. I also created folders for email and text so that I can quickly email or text people with one click.

3- I also use dialer one to be able to use the T9 technology allowing me to quickly pull up people I don't call often.

4 - I downloaded an app called contact search to be able to search the notes within contacts via the google search. Example: I come across someone who has an ATV. His name is John, and he is looking to ride with other people. He gives me his number and I put in the notes ATV. I'll never remeber Johns name in 2 months when I plan my next trip, but with contact search I can now just type ATV in the google search and John comes up. I put all kinds of things in the notes now so that I can easily find people I am looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones