Top 10 Things wrong with the Droid

Last Updated:

1. ibewhoiam

ibewhoiam New Member This Topic's Starter

The comments below are being said so that a programmer somewhere may hear and improve the phone. Don't get me wrong... I love the Droid. I think it

Advertisement
  2. talzz2

talzz2 Well-Known Member

I know you have 10 things listed but if the droid did a better job with exchange your list would be pretty short?

I have to agree about the password function as in the corp world if you do not have your upper, lower, symbol, number, and min 8 char password they are not happy..

3. ibewhoiam

ibewhoiam New Member This Topic's Starter

Good point. I renamed the thread.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I'm just glad that 1) those things can easily be fixed with an update (not being hardware issues) and 2) my Droid doesn't take 8+ minutes to boot up like my BlackBerry Tour did, haha.

5. talzz2

talzz2 Well-Known Member

I see your 8 minutes and raise your 8 by 2 minutes for my BB curve hahahah just kidding but damn if it locks or goes nuts... battery pulling which is more frequent these last few months and if your in a hurry waiting that 5 minutes SUCKS!!!

6. rvonder

rvonder Well-Known Member

@ibewhoiam -
    I feel your pain re Exchange email. I just moved to the Droid after many years of using Windows Mobile, so agree with all your points. In fact, to your list I'd add a couple more:
    • Need a good global select/copy/cut/paste capability, which I used frequently when creating emails.
    • Need an option to specify whether to move to the next or previous message after deleting one. Moving back to the prior message makes no sense to me, and is the opposite to the way desktop Outlook handles it.
    • Need the ability to edit the original quoted message when replying or forwarding.
    Fortunately, there is an answer to most of your email issues: Download Touchdown from the Market. It's much better than the stock email client, and is designed specifically for Exchange. Works great!

Rob

7. RonL

RonL New Member

How do you delete the quick search history on the main screen on the Moto Droid?

8. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

hold down your finger on it and drag it to the dock.

I definitely agree about the BlackBerry Curve, especially extremely slow and it literally take 10mins to be usable from boot up. Browsing on it is horrible.

9. austink

austink Member

Another complaint I would add to the list, is the inability to copy text from incoming emails to the clipboard.

10. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

doesn't Touchdown address many of these Exchange issues?

11. lndubois

lndubois New Member

I don't wish to be counter productive, but isn't the Drois, um, open source? If I wanted my exchange to work perfectly, and my Office apps to work as well as before, I would have stuck with either my Windows mobile phone or my Storm. I got this one because it's just cool. Like wearing a T-shirt and jeans to work. If I wanted the same old button down ... well that is cedrtainly not the reason I got this one! Too much fun, without getting a bad bite from an Apple.

12. rvonder

rvonder Well-Known Member

Yes, it does (see my post above), although not al: Still no way to edit an original email when replying or forwarding, search for server-based emails, etc. Performance also remains an issue vs what I was used to seeing on WM devices, and I think they're still grappling with some security/authorization problems in some corporate environments.
    But the guys at Nitro are very responsive, and Touchdown is steadily improving. It's worth every penny if you really want to use Exchange... my Droid would have gone back if I hadn't discovered Touchdown, since email is critical for me.

13. lndubois

lndubois New Member

I don't wish to be counter productive, but isn't the Droid, um, open source? If I wanted my Exchange to work perfectly, and my Office apps to work as well as before, I would have stuck with either my Windows mobile phone or my Storm. I got this one because it's just cool. Like wearing a T-shirt and jeans to work. If I wanted the same old button down ... well that is cedrtainly not the reason I got this one! Too much fun, without getting a bad bite from an Apple or needing a Start button. I have had this only three days, aand I'm still Jones-ing for my Blackberry is several ways, but I find myself playing a lot more now.
    But I am on board for something to let me close apps with a single push.

14. bmknapp

bmknapp Member

This is the beauty of open development on our Droids. There's usually an app for any gripe you could have. I believe there's a security app in the market too.

15. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I'm all for moving away from MS products but if you have ever worked at a company who chose to use the second biggest email server/client software you'd maybe not be so quick to jump ship with regards to Exchange specifically.

Once you know the pain that is Lotus Notes, uh... you know a lot of uh, pain.

16. alostpacket

My Biggest issues btw:

1) Hardware keyboard just isnt easy to use.

2) Some minor software things really need a bit more Polish. The music app, the browser, etc.

3) The switching from 1x to 3G constantly

4) Battery Life

Though 3 and 4 are likely related and rumored to be fixed in 2.0.1

17. boone

boone New Member

Thanks for the warnings

18. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

We need some pictures of fuzzy kittens or something for this thread. SOOOO tired of hearing about all the bad. Sorry, but I love the phone and I make it work. If there's not a way to do something, I figure a different way around it and move on.

No phone is going to be perfect...no phone will compensate for every single aspect of your work...no phone will work the way 100% of the people want it to.

I'm not bashing the OP here...I'm coming from a BB and love the phone and it was the same way in the forums there. Bash this, complain about that and/or compare it to the Iphone. /sigh

S

19. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Pffttt!!! Nokia N900 is...well, I'll find out in 2 days at least.

:p

20. blinky

blinky Well-Known Member

Wow. These are some really good suggestions. However, I doubt that this gets to anybody important at Google.

I am totally with you on point numbers 1, 5, 7 as I am certain other former Blackberry users are
    1 - Exchange email (Moving items)
    5 - Email Navigation
    6 - Exchange Search Nonexistent

21. alostpacket

Just as common as the complainers are those complaining about them.

You realize this is a forum right? People come here to talk about the phones. There are a lot of threads where people praise the droid, and I personally love it too, but what the hell would be the point of a forum if people weren't supposed to express negative opinions?