• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

totally effed nexus one. won't go past boot logo. tried everything.

i have to have the worst luck in the world..
got my nexus one today. condition is MINT. seller also included the receipt from HTC proving that it got replaced.

popped in my sim, everything worked fine. turned it off to swap batteries and thats when the hell started.

im not able to get past the nexus logo. NOTHING. it would turn on, than go to the screen, vibrate, than repeat multiple times. phone has never been rooted.

i did EVERYTHING. i did the volume down plus power and than i cleared wiped the memory, same result.

than i tried downloading 2.2.1, renaming it to update.zip, put it on my zip, but that doesnt work. the phone can't tell theres a update.

like **** man. i than went here
Nexus One/Guides & Tutorials - XDA-Developers

read that i needed FRG33 and rename it to PASSIMG.ZIP. when the phone turns on, it gives me the message if i want to update, i get excited. i click yes, everything says ok, than i reboot and bam, still endless reboot. tried to do the passimg again but this time i get a fail on radio V2 or something like that.

WTF is going on. i didnt do anything. ANYBODY HELP?

Can you boot into recovery at least?

Is the boot loader locked or unlocked?

Try my stock update guide and see if that helps at all. Do you know what version of the OS you WERE on?

http://groups.google.com/group/google-nexus-one-owners/web/how-to-stock-2-1-to-latest-froyo?hl=en

Try these image files (from the page linked above):

ALL GSM Update (82MB) (From 2.1 or 2.2 to build FRF91 (Final w/Security Update))
MD5: 0cf344b36f6ff7f8e2a2c52da203af59

ALL GSM Update (4MB) (From 2.2 (FRF91) to build 2.2.1 (FRG83):
MD5: 18436432bfce78d4b122791fcd6699bd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones