TouchNav v1.3 Restore MD5 Mismatch...

1. EnlightenedSha

EnlightenedSha Active Member

Hey guys. I created a backup on a ZTE Z990G Merit and wanted to use that backup to restore another ZTE Z990G Merit to that setup, so the two would have identical starting positions.

However... When trying to restore the file on the new phone from the SD card, it starts by saying "Checking MD5 sums..." then it says "MD5 mismatch!".

I have never quite understood MD5 sums fully. I have always thought they were a form of file verification. Either way, I really need to know what to do here. I'm going to try to copy the file to the SD card again for a second shot. Perhaps it was just a bad copy. :confused:

Any info on how to fix this would be great. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. micallan_17

micallan_17 Well-Known Member

instead of copying, unmount your sd card with the nandroid backup from the other merit/avail; then put it on the other merit/avail and try to see if that restores it, sometimes copying a file from one sd card to the other it can change the checksum i would think, try it and see what happens
  3. EnlightenedSha

Not sure how to unmount the SD card with the Recovery Tools provided by the TouchNav recovery system.

Either way, I'm simply going to do it the long way. Just going to install the custom rom and then remove apps/install apps they will need. Thanks.
  4. micallan_17

micallan_17 Well-Known Member

np if anything, just ask
  5. EnlightenedSha

Could you explain a little more in depth about MD5 checksums? If it's a ton to go over, that's fine. I'll look it up sometime.
  6. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

If you renamed it then it is probably in the way you named it.
  7. EnlightenedSha

That's probably it. :)
  8. stayboogy

stayboogy Well-Known Member

md5 mismatch is most commonly a result of renaming your nandroid by using spaces and/or special characters. just make sure it's all one word without special characters, or multiple words separated by periods and you'll be fine
    EnlightenedSha likes this.