• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touchy trackpad

jimbou1981

Lurker
Dec 10, 2012
I just replaced my digitizer w/front frame, once I got it back together, the trackpad doesn't click. When I tested it out on my camera app, as long as I lightly touched it, it would take a picture, but if I press it with any force it will go haywire for a few moments like I'm repeatedly & rapidly pressing home/menu/back/search buttons. When I'm on the home screen I can slide my finger across the trackpad and it will move to the next screen like it's supposed to.
Do you think it's a problem with the trackpad or should I just re-open my phone and take every back off and try it again. The trackpad doesn't even "Click" when pressed.

I took the phone apart again, and removed a rubber piece where the button sits on the front housing, thinking maybe the button wasn't fitting in it correctly. Now, the button clicks and works perfectly. Hopefully it'll be fine without it :). The phone still has had it moments where it'll act a bit crazy, but it's not as bad as it was. I'm thinking maybe it has do to with the little strip I had to remove from the old front housing and place on the new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones