• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories TOUGHEST case?

Crodley

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Hi folks, I hope to be getting an EVO in the next few weeks. I work in a factory driving a fork truck (BOUNCE!)

I have my phone in my breast t-shirt pocket. The closer to my ear the better, since it's SO loud in my plant.

So I need a case that will BEST handle a fall from a fork truck to the floor. I mean, I've never actually dropped one of my phone yet from the truck, but you never know.

I don't really care what it looks like so much. I need to be able to get my phone easily out of my breast pocket and answer calls fairly fast, since I need to pull over my truck before I even start to answer it.

I also use my current phone to check the time by sliding the phone out of my packet and hitting any key to get the display to light up and putting it back in my pocket. I'm hoping I don't lose that ability, but....ehhh, if I did I guess. :)

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
it's been said hat the innocase II which is the first layer of the rugged has been scratching the phone due to it's flexing and creekiness. that has been the deal breaker for me. right now i have the innocase limited and it's great. it's by far the best case out right now (in my opinion of course). i'm in construction and i've live by the otterbox cases for my past blackberries so i'm anxiously awaiting their defender offering.

Upvote 0
it's been said hat the innocase II which is the first layer of the rugged has been scratching the phone due to it's flexing and creekiness. that has been the deal breaker for me. right now i have the innocase limited and it's great. it's by far the best case out right now (in my opinion of course). i'm in construction and i've live by the otterbox cases for my past blackberries so i'm anxiously awaiting their defender offering.
HEY they have a new rubberized lining that makes it tight with no movement.As far as scraches are concerned only ever happen to one person! So who knows

Upvote 0
Ballistic will release their Evo HC case mid-November for $49.99. It can be seen here HTC Evo Ballistic HC Series Case - Ballistic HC (Hard Core) - HTC - HTC EVO - Sprint - Ballistic Cases

Here is a video of the same version case just for the iphone 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOL4jkMzdPc .It shows the different components that make up the case as well as a few tests of them throwing the phone against a concrete wall. There are other videos on youtube of naked iphone4's being broken after the 4th drop from around 5 feet up so the video Ballistic made really impressed me!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones