• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touiteur (Twitter): Best Twitter app for android

Caddyman

Android Expert
Nov 10, 2009
Delaware
www.talkdelaware.com
Touiteur is an extremely full feature twitter app for Android handsets from LevelUpStudios. I use it daily and it is a very stable, feature rich, and slick app. There are gobs of customizations in this app.

The free version works just fine for most people, there is a premium add-on to unlock more features as well.

Differences between the Free and the Premium versions

* Multiple accounts, with view filtering
* 3 Widgets available for you home screen: 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3
* Url shortening
* Integrated browser and picture preview
* More customization options, such as the light theme, changing the bottom bar color, led color for notifications, custom ringtone for notifications
* More features will be added soon for the Premium version, such as Twitlonger support

Pros:
Great layout
Sharp icons and images
Most all features you need for twitter
Built-in browser

Cons:
Sometimes lags (very rarely)

Rating:
I give this 4.5 out of 5 Phandroid Buddies
andy45.jpg

Video Review for Touiteur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj6H_DDPqUw

Reactions: Hubbysatrucker
Great review overall - I am actually using the Premium version as well.
One thing I think your may missed, which I know a lot people seem to appreciate in a Twitter app, is that Touiteur gives you the option to save your list position. So you open up to the last tweet you read versus the newest tweet. I am not sure if this is on by default or not, since I've had it checked since installing it awhile back. One caveat though is that you have to open Touiteur via the icon for this to work and not by just clicking on the widget. With the widget, it actually brings you to the position you see on it. Which is nice in its own right. Again, nice review.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones