• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Track my vehicle if it has GPS equipped?

Cjohn8792

Sep 8, 2010
Upstate,NY
So we all know a lot of new vehicles come equipped with built in GPS. Also many loan companies are installing their GPS units into vehicle which they gave loans on in order to ensure payments.

What I want to know is whether or not it is possible to allow someone to use my vehicle but be able to track it's location on my phone similar to tracking a friend on google maps? Without having to leave my Android in the vehicle.

I know there are apps which will allow me to leave my phone in the vehicle then track it's location online from a website. The hard part would be how I access permissions from a 3rd party device, in order to track it. Police can do it, so it much be possible to have for personal usage and protection.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones