"Track" other phones with Dare?

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member

Is there a way to track my kids phones with an app on my Droid? :confused:

It would be nice to be able to know where they are in case of emergency only... BTW they have a LG Dare & a LG Chocolate touch, both on Verizon.

Regards
    HOTHEAD

**ALSO**
    HOW DO EDIT THE TITLE OF A THREAD

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

isn't that exactly what you could use Google Latitude for

Google Latitude

this assumes they have that GM ability in their phones like we do as I do not know those phones
  3. Spike760

Spike760 Well-Known Member

Like the location of the phone or what they're doing on their phones?
    Isn't there something from Verizon (a service you pay for) that shows where their phones are. There's commercials for it all the time. The lady in the commercial is using a Droid too.
  4. tmette

tmette Well-Known Member

5. Inphosys

Inphosys Well-Known Member

Give Verizon a call and tell them you want to add "Chaperone" to your kids' cell phones. They'll walk you through it. Chaperone and Family Locator are both supported on the Touch and Chocolate.

I think you want the Chaperone service instead because that one cannot be deactivated. Only by turning off the phone can you lose the signal to that one. Family Locator can log out of the service, thus ditching your ability to keep a watchful eye on your children.

I haven't used either service, personally ... but I've seen the demos on them a dozen times. I have no doubt that I will be using them when my kids grow up!!

Good luck!!
  6. MorganSmith

MorganSmith New Member

I know an application that could help you track the current location your child and not only that this application is a big help during emergency situations. Because it has a panic button that will enable your child to summon for help and ask for immediate response. I use this application to ensure the safety of my kids anytime and anywhere. I hope that this application will be a great help to you Hothead. Check out their website to find out more about the application: SafeTREC - Time Response Emergency Call.