• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Track" other phones with Dare?

HOTHEAD

Nov 6, 2009
Is there a way to track my kids phones with an app on my Droid? :thinking:

It would be nice to be able to know where they are in case of emergency only... BTW they have a LG Dare & a LG Chocolate touch, both on Verizon.

Regards
HOTHEAD

**ALSO**
HOW DO EDIT THE TITLE OF A THREAD

Give Verizon a call and tell them you want to add "Chaperone" to your kids' cell phones. They'll walk you through it. Chaperone and Family Locator are both supported on the Touch and Chocolate.

I think you want the Chaperone service instead because that one cannot be deactivated. Only by turning off the phone can you lose the signal to that one. Family Locator can log out of the service, thus ditching your ability to keep a watchful eye on your children.

I haven't used either service, personally ... but I've seen the demos on them a dozen times. I have no doubt that I will be using them when my kids grow up!!

Good luck!!

Upvote 0
I know an application that could help you track the current location your child and not only that this application is a big help during emergency situations. Because it has a panic button that will enable your child to summon for help and ask for immediate response. I use this application to ensure the safety of my kids anytime and anywhere. I hope that this application will be a great help to you Hothead. Check out their website to find out more about the application: SafeTREC - Time Response Emergency Call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones