• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trackpad issue on sunny days...

Lmkt

Jun 4, 2010
Hello all,

I've had my Desire for a bit more than a year and have had this problem ever since. Whenever I'm in a sunny environment (or where there's strong lighting), my trackpad starts to randomly activate, as if I was moving right, left, up or down.

Like, I could go to a webpage and let the phone idle, and the screen just "moves itself" as if I was jumping from a link to another with the trackpad... except i'm not touching the trackpad at all.

This makes it very hard to write SMS's outside because the cursor randomly moves due to the faulty trackpad.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I've searched quite a bit around and found nothing.

Thanks for the help!

PS: if it matters, i'm running the latest Oxygen, but have had the problem even when the phone was brand new with the default rom.

Seeing as it is a optical trackpad, that sorta makes sense. No idea as to a fix though.......maybe a piece of electrical tape? ;)

well I don't know, the point is to activate it with your fingers, not with just light. that makes it simply unusable :(

and if I put a tape on it I won't be able to use it anymore, will I? So it kind of defeats the purpose of having a trackpad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones