TranQ 3.5.1 Reboots

Last Updated:

1. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else load this? I can't keep it from rebooting and I can't even get bootstrapper to reinstall because of the reboots. Everytime I try to install it my phone reboots. Anyone please help. I really don't want to sbf if I don't have to.

Advertisement
  2. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

I just got done doing the sbf for this exact same reason :( What rom were you coming from? I was on rubix 1.8.6. I think maybe it was because i hadnt installed the latest update yet. Im about to retry tranq now that i have the latest sbf flashed

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Me three. I came from apex 1.2.1 and flashed over to tranq 3.5.1. I was trying to d/l rom mgr and droid x bootstrapper so I could get this thing up and going and it kept on rebooting in the middle of downloads. I couldn't even get the software to get out of the thing, so I sbf'd to 2.3.320, rooted that and restored my apex. Ah... home sweet home. Stability at last!

Personally, I can't recommend the ROM, although I like the dev and his stuff, until it becomes more stable.

4. antnyh

Well, rebooted into STOCK recovery and wipe data and cache. Rebooted after that. Didn't sign into my google account, just skipped everything. Once the homepage opened I went into my sdcard via the stock files folder. From there I installed bootstrap. Glad I moved my .apk to my sdcard. It finally installed. Bootstrap recovery and installed my APEX backup...like Steven said...ahhh APEX home sweet stable home. Too many issues with TranQ in my opinion. This was the worse it has ever been, but sidestepped an sbf.

5. Steven58

+1..now there's a smart rooter. ;)

6. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

Wish id done that, just finished my second sbf, weak :( lol back to good ol Rubiks :)

7. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

TranQ 3.5.1 has actually been quite a bit more stable than Apex on my Droid X. I had reboots out of the gate with the latest version of Apex (had few reboots with the previous versions). So far, with TranQ, fast and stable.

8. wheelna

wheelna Well-Known Member

Works great for me! Very smooth. I did notice my overclock settings needed to be tweaked again.

9. Steven58

Hmm... I would like to know what the variable is, then. I will tell you this.. I was fiddling around in tranq's toolbox. I dunno. Who knows?

10. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

Can anyone please tell me just where the toolbox is? I would assume its in the app drawer but all I see in there is the dev tools?

11. antnyh

It is in the app drawer and labeled "TranQ Tools" If you don't see it I have no idea where it would have gone??

12. Flyingfish

Flyingfish Well-Known Member

13. Flyingfish

Flyingfish Well-Known Member

The toolbox should be in your app drawer if not take a look at your sd card and make sure you have a file named Tranq if you do not there may have been a install issue with 3.5.1 and I would try it again

14. MCPO117

MCPO117 Well-Known Member

I think I read in a different forum that Fab said they didn't change the build.prop to read 2.3.15 for the market so when you go and download an app it causes the phone to reboot because it doesn't recognize the .320 file in the market. This is way above my head I just remember reading that somewhere.

15. laserbiz

laserbiz Member

I need Help please!! :confused: I have the Droid X with the leaked 2.2. I have had the leaked version since it first came out. I loved my droid X until yesterday when all of a sudden it started rebooting every few minutes. I have not installed any new software for a week or so before the problem occurred. I have since uninstalled any software that i installed in the last month!

I would like to revert from my leaked 2.2 to factory 2.1 so that I can get the OTA update of 2.2 and be legit. can some one guide me on this. I have read a few forums and i seem to understand that I need RSD Lite( I downloaded version 4.9) and a recovery file sbf 2.1 file. could some one point me in the direction of here to get this sbf 2.1 file then how to get it on to my droid x when the phone keeps rebooting. Thanks in advance!!!

16. MCPO117

Before you do a sbf let me ask a really dumb but important question. Have you done a factory data reset and if so it did not correct anything?

17. laserbiz

laserbiz Member

First off, thank you so much for responding so quickly! I have not done a factory reset because I read that if you have the leaked version of 2.2 if you do the reset it could brick the phone, or get stuck.

18. MCPO117

No sir completely untrue. I did a number of them on both the leaked 2.3.15 and the newer 2.3.320 with absolutely 0 unintended affects. Try that first and see if that corrects the problem which is the easiest solution. If that does not I would consult the holy grail of all thing root right here http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html
    If all else fails check out youtube which was my guide when I started getting into this rooting stuff. Good luck.

laserbiz likes this.
  19. laserbiz

laserbiz Member

Ok I shall try the factory reset... what should I expect and how long should it take?

20. laserbiz

laserbiz Member

And after I do the reset, is the Droid X back at 2.1 or does it stay at 2.2

21. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

So you're saying you were on ApeX (system version 2.3.320), flashed to tranq 3.5.1 (which has system verison 2.3.340), and then sbf'd back to system version 2.3.320 with the 2.3.320 full sbf with no problems???

I thought you would need the sbf for system version 2.3.340 (which is not out yet) once you were on 2.3.340 to go back to clean state???

22. antnyh

You'll stay on your current version, 2.2. Just make sure you have all apps that need backed up done before hand and ensure your backing up to your SDcard since it won't be touched. If you have z4root and bootstrap installed, I'd move them there so you can easily reinstall them. I would also like to ask how you plan on resetting? Do you have bootstrap installed? I take it you are rooted?

23. antnyh

TranQ 3.5.1 doesn't update your phone to 2.3.340. It stays at 2.3.320. The screen shots of the 2.3.340 are of devs phones, not people who flashed TranQ 3.5.1.

24. laserbiz

laserbiz Member

I am NOT rooted... I did the reset on the phone from the privacy menu and then did factory data reset

25. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

Switched back to my favorite which is apex ...this is a good rom but I feel at home with apex and I had too many issues with this