• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer paid market apps to another Google account

pool_shark

Android Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Ohio

I created a new gmail account.
I copied the accounts.db file to my sdcard and deleted it from the phone.
I rebooted, then logged in with the new Google account.
Then I edited the accounts.db file on the sdcard to have my new gmail address, copied it over the /data/system/accounts.db file and rebooted.

I have my apps just fine, I can even receive updates to the apps. However, the phone has been syncing since last night. I don't know what it's syncing.

Has anyone else tried this method? Did the sync ever stop?​

Paid market apps aren't just tied to your phone, they're stored on the Google servers. I'd be pretty surprised if just editing a file on your phone will actually transfer them.

I mean, I can wipe my phone completely and still log into the Market and see my paid apps...

Upvote 0
Paid market apps aren't just tied to your phone, they're stored on the Google servers. I'd be pretty surprised if just editing a file on your phone will actually transfer them.

I mean, I can wipe my phone completely and still log into the Market and see my paid apps...

I already have my paid apps under the new account. I can update them too, that isn't the issue.
The issue is I don't know why it's still syncing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones