Transfer paid market apps to another Google accountTips

Last Updated: 2011-06-23 02:16:09
  1. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I created a new gmail account.
    I copied the accounts.db file to my sdcard and deleted it from the phone.
    I rebooted, then logged in with the new Google account.
    Then I edited the accounts.db file on the sdcard to have my new gmail address, copied it over the /data/system/accounts.db file and rebooted.

I have my apps just fine, I can even receive updates to the apps. However, the phone has been syncing since last night. I don't know what it's syncing.

Has anyone else tried this method? Did the sync ever stop? ​

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Paid market apps aren't just tied to your phone, they're stored on the Google servers. I'd be pretty surprised if just editing a file on your phone will actually transfer them.

I mean, I can wipe my phone completely and still log into the Market and see my paid apps...
  3. pool_shark

I already have my paid apps under the new account. I can update them too, that isn't the issue.
    The issue is I don't know why it's still syncing.
  4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I hope you don't mind me asking OP, but why did you want to change it over in the first place? Why not just add a second account instead, and stop syncing the first one?
  5. pool_shark

Because I really didn't like the gmail account I had to pick when I first set it up, I wanted to pick something closer to my name.
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

moved to Tips and Tricks as this is a way to transfer paid apps from one account to another

EDIT:
    If you feel this thread has been moved incorrectly, please feel free to hit the Report button so that it may be address accordingly and placed in the appropriate section, thank you :)
  7. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

Try wiping your data and cache. I have had that same issue with the sync icon every time I flash something. I always have to wipe.
  8. pool_shark

Thanks, but wiping won't fix my issue.
    If I sign in with my original ID everything is fine. If I sign in with the new ID, everything is fine.

It's only when I sign in with the new ID while trying to retain my paid apps that the sync won't go away.