• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring from S3 to Note 3

alec92

Dec 4, 2011
I'm going to buy a Note 3 tomorrow and I'd like to transfer my contacts from my S3 to it. Most of my contacts are saved to my Samsung account but I think some are on my Google Account.

Is there a way to make sure they are all saved to one account and then transfer them over by just logging into that account on the Note 3?

Also, are there any must-have accessories for the Note 3 I should know of? I've seen the wireless chargers - do you have to have a special case for these to work, or do some of them work with the phone and a normal leather (or similar) case?

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers

I'm going to buy a Note 3 tomorrow and I'd like to transfer my contacts from my S3 to it. Most of my contacts are saved to my Samsung account but I think some are on my Google Account.

Is there a way to make sure they are all saved to one account and then transfer them over by just logging into that account on the Note 3?

Also, are there any must-have accessories for the Note 3 I should know of? I've seen the wireless chargers - do you have to have a special case for these to work, or do some of them work with the phone and a normal leather (or similar) case?

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers

Hello, if you liked your SGSIII (by the way - do you mind if I ask what your doing with it?), you'll love a Note 3 :)

Just sync all your contacts to Google and then sync your new Note 3 with your Google account.

You will need a special charging back and wireless "cushion" or pad to charge wirelessly. Here is a link to an Amazon page (Amazon UK) for the official Samsung product, although I'm sure I've seen it cheaper :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FBP1YR2/ref=mw_dp_mdsc?dsc=1

Upvote 0

Hi and welcome to Note 3 world! Not sure if the Samsung contacts will restore after logging back in to your Samsung account... I don't see why not. But I've never had an issue with Google. You might want to try changing over all your contacts to Google. That way when you sign back in, they will all restore in place.

I absolutely LOVE the iBlason portfolio for the Note 3!

Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Smart Phone Leather Slim Book Case Cover with Stand Feature (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I also use with it the case-friendly screen protector:

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector (Case Friendly) Ultra HD - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive with Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

As far as wireless charging goes: You don't really NEED a wireless-charging case. Get a Docooler coil and put it in the phone yourself. I use that with a Tylt Vu charging base.

Anyway, there you go. I hope you enjoy your great Note 3! If you have any other questions, we're here to help.

:)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys.

All the contacts came over form Google and Samsung but I couldn't figure out how to get the 60 contacts from Samsung to merge with the 700 contacts on Google so that they were all on Google rather than some on one and some on another.

It doesn't really matter now but if I stop using Samsung Account I'd like them all to be on Google..

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones