General Transparancy and bookmark question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coolerinthecorner, Mar 25, 2010.

1. coolerinthecorner

coolerinthecorner Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Iowa
    :cool: Hey everyone. Does anyone know of an app that lets you change the transparancy of your on screen icons and has anyone figured out a way to delete shortcuts inside of the bookmark widget? I'm on 2.1 and updated to the newest leaked rom yesterday. I still use the standard browser as well as Xscope and I liked the fact I could edit these but I can't seem to find a way to do that on the newest 2.1. Any idea's? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    The only way to get different icons, that I know of would be to install better cut and load custom ones.

As far as deleting bookmarks, go into the browser and then Menu > Navigate > Menu > Delete. This will bring up a list and you can choose what to remove from there.

Bishop likes this.
  3. coolerinthecorner

Dec 14, 2009
    Iowa
    :) Thanks OTD! Thats the only button I DIDN'T push. I assumed (clearly assumption faculties aren't working well today) that it had to do with Google Navigator only. I learn something new with this phone everyday.
    And thanks for the 2.1 update you posted. Made it a lot easier for me than going to Mega. Thanks again!

4. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Realtor
    Houston, TX
    Yep this is the way. I did not have success with better cut, but it could have been user error on my part.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    I like the concept, but I am not a fan of the program. It is a really long process getting the new icons on there.

6. AudiDan

Mar 24, 2010
    Realtor
    Houston, TX
    See I agree and it was just a pain so uninstalled.

7. coolerinthecorner

Dec 14, 2009
    Iowa
    Unfortunatley all icon apps seem to require Open Home or Better Cut to use so I'll just let this one go. I use photos for my home and lock screen so I just thought it would look really cool to knock the trasparency down to 50 or 40% and let the background bleed through instead of covering up my beatiful girl.

8. AudiDan

Mar 24, 2010
    Realtor
    Houston, TX
    Aww thats nice, and I don't blame you I would not want to cover up either.