• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Tried Rooting -- Can't Boot -- Help Please

Hey folks.

Just tried rooting my phone, attempted to install 4.3 on my GSM Galaxy Nexus. Now I'm unable to boot, the phone when turned on just says "Google", and won't go any further.

Is there any way to recover from this? Or have I managed to brick the darn thing?

For what its worth, I can get it into fast boot mode, I'm just not sure where to go from here.

Any help is much appreciated...

Thanks,

Tyler

Edit: Just wanted to add going into "recovery mode" just lands me on a screen with the android and a red "!" over his open stomach...

Try to install a custom recvory thro the boot loader then find a stock rom zip an flash an If it still wont boot you need to.pull the boot img out of the stock rom zip put the boot img file into your sdk tools folder an put the phone in fastboot an enter the command fastboot flash boot boot.img u may have to read up on it a while to fully understand it just try an google what the phone is doing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones