• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tried to enable swap, now won't start

benner

Oct 22, 2009
I am running GalaxHero 1.1. I tried to enable swap. First, I used the recovery mode and selected format ext. SD card with swap, then i restarted and enabled compcache and set it to 2 (now I see it should have been 0). Then I restarted and I just get the Android splash screen running forever. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance,

I can read through the conf. file but can't move up and down to change anything. I tried just typing the commands as you have them (compcache=no) into the shell and nothing happens. when i call up the conf file again there is no change. Am I doing something wrong? Can I find the file and open it with a text editor then save it back again after I edit? Thanks for your help so far...

Upvote 0
Excellent! Took me a minute to realize that I had to add to the commands where I wanted to copy the file to on my computer, but then everything worked. Instead of turning off the compcache, I just changed it to 0 and then the phone restarted fine. I really appreciate your guidance. Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones