• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble changing SD card

seascape

Lurker
Oct 10, 2010
I bought a 16GB SD card (Kingston Technology) to replace the standard 4GB in my Desire but I am having trouble with the changeover. I mounted the desire as a disk drive and backed up all files from old SD card, then I installed and formatted the new card and tried to copy all the files back to it. The problem is that most of the files are copying but disapprearing after a few minutes. For example I copied a number of MP3 and JPEG files to the SD and I could verify that they were there at the time of copying, but when I tried to play/view them they could not be found. I looked for them in Windows Explorer and they were no longer there. I have tried several times and it is always the same - the files initially appear to copy to the new card but then seem to 'evaporate'. The old 4GB card still works fine. Does anybody know if I am doing something wrong, or do I have a bad 16GB card?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones