Trouble changing SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. seascape

seascape New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a 16GB SD card (Kingston Technology) to replace the standard 4GB in my Desire but I am having trouble with the changeover. I mounted the desire as a disk drive and backed up all files from old SD card, then I installed and formatted the new card and tried to copy all the files back to it. The problem is that most of the files are copying but disapprearing after a few minutes. For example I copied a number of MP3 and JPEG files to the SD and I could verify that they were there at the time of copying, but when I tried to play/view them they could not be found. I looked for them in Windows Explorer and they were no longer there. I have tried several times and it is always the same - the files initially appear to copy to the new card but then seem to 'evaporate'. The old 4GB card still works fine. Does anybody know if I am doing something wrong, or do I have a bad 16GB card?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

3. seascape

seascape New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you Dan. I am running the test and the card is defective.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sorry to hear that.

Sadly there are many fake cards on Ebay etc so best to stay completely clear from auction sites for any flash memory. Even USB memory sticks there are often fake.