• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble Installing Themes?

kickenwing13

Sep 19, 2010
So I have figured out SBF'ing, have installed Roms, have even installed blackglass theme at one time. But for some reason, even if I wipe cache and factory reset I have bricked the last few themes I've tried installing...

I Have 2.3.320>Z4root>Apex

Thinking about switching back to Rubix 1.9, but do i need to completely sbf. every time i switch roms? Or go back to a nandroid right after root? What are some tips as far as getting a theme to apply.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for asking your question, here. We were all newbies once. FYI, the general rule of thumb is to follow the rom/theme developer's directions for installing, to a "T". I never sbf before I switch themes or roms. If you wipe data and cache, you basically start afresh.

However, some folks (I believe fission) does require an sbf first, or at least they did require in in one of their iterations. So, read the directions and you'll be golden. If you are unclear, ask us.

If you had bricked the last few times you've installed, you've installed wrong. The step you likely missed might have been to "mount system" in ClockworkMod. This step would be done automatically, for you, if you used Rom Manager to install/switch between and restore roms.

Please ask questions... pretty soon, you'll be answering them for others! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones