• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to install CM7 through ROM Managers...help please

Like the title says, I get notification that an upgrade to 7.0 is available, I go ahead and go through the motions, and then I get stuck on the bootloader page. As much as I try to do anything, although I know it should cycle through the whole process on its own, my only alternative is to reboot.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

What version of recovery are you using? If it is not 3.0.0.8, visit preferences in ROM Manager, select erase recovery when flashing, return to main ROM Manager screen, update to 3.0.0.8.

If you already have 3.0.0.8, but you did not have the erase option selected, flash an alternate recovery from the bottom of the ROM Manager home screen, then select erase recovery when flashing, return to main ROM Manager screen, update to 3.0.0.8.

I know it sounds odd, but this worked for me, and for several others on XDA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones