• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to sync my mac laptop with my Eris...

I actually just imported my iCal into the Google calendar which makes life much easier with the Eris, its almost instant that the info is synced on your Eris, I did the same with my Contacts.

In your iCal>File>export
In your Google calendar>My Calendars>Settings>Import New Calendar>choose the iCal file that you saved on your Mac

Google really does make it much easier to use their calendar and contacts and this way you can access any computer and your calendar, contacts, etc.

I wont be using my iCal any longer this is much easier with the Droid! And you don't have to buy any programs or plug anything in to "sync"!

Goodluck! I'll check back if you have any questions..

Upvote 0
I cant even get my Imac to recognize my Eris. When i plug the phone into the computer I get the sync symbol on the phone but the computer does nothing...Really wanted to put my contacts from my address book on the phone. Im brand new to HTC coming from BB. What do i do?

Thanks.

Once you see the "Sync" symbol, slide down the notifications. The click on "USB Connected". It will then ask you if you want to "mount" or not, choose "yes", then you should be able to sync (or at least drag and drop files to your phone)...

Upvote 0
I also have a Mac and was looking for an answer to this. I'm sure there is other sync solutions out there but what I found for the short term fix was to do this.

Sync in itunes to your "Google Contacts" as follows:

1. Log into your itunes (I have an iphone)
2. Under the "devices" header it should show your phone
3. Under the "Info" tab, check "Sync Google Contacts" and then "configure

This should merge all your contacts from your Mac address book to your Google contacts.

This also works just like "Mobile Me" ---- updates your google calendar changes and all your contact additions and changes right to the "Eris"

I have been using the "Google Calendar" for right now to update the "Eris" instead of "iCal". There are differences in both phones (good and bad for both) but the more I have used the "Eris", the more I like the way the phone multitasks with open programs. It's not as polished as the iphone, but this is the first phone I have seriously given enough consideration to try for 30 days on Verizon.

Hope this helps you out

Upvote 0
Resident Machead here, so here's how you make life easy with your Eris and Mac.

1.) Double Twist. Just do it, it's an iTunes clone and works the exact same way iTunes does with an iPhone

2.) HTC sync only works for PC. Therefore, it won't work on a Mac. What you CAN do is plug your Eris into the computer and mount it so that it pops up as a hard-drive ala it's SD Card. If you're iMac isn't recognizing it, try a different USB port. Also, you have to ON THE PHONE, when the usb logo pops up, click on it and says "Mount".

Any other mac related questions with your Eris, hit me up :)

Upvote 0
I greatly, greatly prefer syncing my Mac with Google and then just having the stuff going over the air to the Eris. I have used both Spanning Sync and BusySync for this - I prefer Spanning Sync myself. I used both SyncMate and Mark/Space with my old WM phone and they always got messed up (Syncmate never worked, M/S used to get stuck syncing cal items). Perhaps their Android apps are better.

However, I can change my contacts or calendar items on my Mac, on Google's web services, or on my Eris, and I know that my other devices will have the change done within minutes, without needing to connect, mount the SD card from the Eris, do the sync, dismount from my Mac, remount from the Eris...

Upvote 0
DoubleTwist actually seems to get pretty mixed reviews from folks, and since my phone isn't my primary music player I've just copied music onto it manually via USB. I let Google take care of all the calendar and contact syncing, and with only a couple of very small exceptions it seems to work beautifully.

(One issue I have is with friends who have multi-word first names ... one of my contacts is named "Dee Jay," and somewhere along the way Google decides that "Jay" is actually a middle name, and then the sync process creates a second entry for that person.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones