• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to use Lotus Notes Traveller on Galaxy Note 3

michaelqian

Feb 7, 2014
Hello all,

I have just bought a Galaxy Note 3 for both personal use and work.

The work emails are on the Lotus Notes server based in Zurich. Therefore I had to download the Lotus Notes Traveler application.

Trouble is I can't get it to synchronise with the server. For the past 3 days I've tried reinstalling, factory re-setting and nothing works. It always comes up with one of these messages,

- Security violation
- Disconnected from server
- Unexpected error
- and more.....

Just wondering would this be something to do with the Note 3's internal security settings? Maybe something that prevents the server (in Zurich) accessing this device......

Has anybody successfully setup Lotus Notes Traveller on a Note 3? Did you run into similar problems?

If this doesn't work out it will be a real disappointment..... I was so sick of the company's default phone which is a iPhone 4S.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,

Reactions: Celodecomander
What version of Android is on your Note 3, is it 4.4 Kitkat? And what versions of Android are running on the other Samsungs? It sounds very much like a compatibility issue. If it is, you may not be able to do much about it, at least until IBM releases an update fix. Have you got the latest version of Notes Traveller? I bet your company's IT support says, sorry we don't support your own devices, you'll have to use the company iPhone.

Upvote 0
This is a stab in the dark, because I choose not to use Lotus Traveller. Our company allows its use, but I get enough email crap at work; I certainly don't want to bother with it at home. Anyway, our company policy requires a minimum of a PIN access lockscreen and from what I understand, if you don't use a PIN, you cannot sync your email.

Just a stab in the dark,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones