• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[TUTORIAL][FIRMWARE][DOWNLOAD] How to flash stock firmware on a 32GB Galaxy S7 AT&T (SM-G930A)

KingOfTheNet

Sep 26, 2016
IMPORTANT: If your device has a different amount of storage than the device described here, you can extract your device's pit file here. Requires root (obviously). This thread was written for the SM-G930A with 32GB of storage. This might not work on any other variant of the phone described here, but feel free to try AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Okay, so I have no idea what AT&T did to this phone, but flashing firmware is alot more complicated than it used to be. On older devices, flashing firmware was super easy, now with the new security perks and other crap Samsung put into this phone (such as dm-verity) it can be complicated. Luckily, I found a way to flash firmware to the device.

Make sure you...
Have your Device's current firmware (DL Links available at the end of this thread)
Have Odin 3.12 Patched (I know, ridiculous, but it's what we need)
Have A Windows computer (Must be running Windows XP or newer)
Have nothing else, including Samsung Kies, running on your computer to ensure that if something goes wrong, your computer software isn't the source.
Have verified that all your computers USB ports work properly to avoid hard bricks or, if you're lucky, boot-loops.
Have the OEM USB Data cable.
Have A working brain (I hope you have that :p)

IMPORTANT FOR ALL TUTORIALS: Before proceeding with anything below, make sure that "OEM Unlock" is checked in the Developer options in Settings. It is also strongly recommended that you do not do ANYTHING on your computer while flashing. This is because if you do something that, for instance, closes all running apps on your PC, the flash will abruptly stop and will not finish, and you may be stuck with a bricked phone. Close ALL running programs on your PC (especially Kies, as it often blocks Odin), except for Odin, then start flashing.

For those who are looking to flash COMBO firmware and wipe all their data.

1) Download Odin and your devices firmware down below.
2) Once done, extract both files to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.
3) Grab your devices usb cable and boot the phone into download mode. If you don't know how to boot your phone into download mode, you can either Google the button combination to do so, or, if you're rooted, you can download Quick Reboot from the Google Play Store and boot into download mode from there.
4) Plug your phone into your computer and open Odin.
5) In Odin, click on the AP button and look for the COMBO_ATT_G930Axxxxxxxx_G930AATTxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar file you extracted earlier, then select it.
6) OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED - If you are looking to sell your phone or perform a clean wipe, click on the PIT tab in Odin and look for the HEROQLTE_USA_ATT.pit file you extracted with the firmware package and click select. Afterwards, click on the Options tab and make sure Re-partition, NAND Erase All, & Phone EFS Clear are selected. Obviously, if you want to keep your device's MAC address, which I don't recommend you do if you're going to sell the device, simply uncheck Phone EFS Clear.
7) Afterwards, click Start in Odin and go feed the dog or make sure you brought the trash bin inside. Do something while Odin is going, and do that until Odin gives off a "PASS" message.
8) Unplug the phone from your computer and wait about 20 seconds for the phone to completely finish.
9) Enjoy!

For those who are looking to flash COMBO firmware without wiping their data.

2) Once done, extract both files to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.
3) Grab your devices usb cable and boot the phone into download mode. If you don't know how to boot your phone into download mode, you can either Google the button combination to do so, or if you're rooted, you can download Quick Reboot from the Google Play Store and boot into download mode from there.
5) If you haven't already, Google and install 7Zip for your pc.
6) Extract the COMBO_ATT_G930Axxxxxxxx_G930AATTxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar file into another folder on your desktop and wait for extraction to complete.
7) Go into said folder and delete 'cache.img.ext4'. Then select the remaining files and repack them into another .tar archive. If you are like me and you like to keep several different copies and variations of your phones firmware, I recommend naming the new file something like this. DO NOT FLASH .PIT FILE IF NOT RESETTING. "COMBO_DATASAVE_ATT_G930Axxxxxxxx_G930AATTxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar".
8) Go into Odin, select the AP tab and look for the .tar file you just created.
9) Make sure Re-partition, NAND Erase All, and Phone EFS Clear are unchecked. Also make sure that there is no .pit file selected under the PIT tab.
10) Click Start and watch a video of a toilet flushing while you wait.
11) Wait for Odin to give off a "PASS" message and wait for your phone to reboot.
12) Enjoy!

For those who are looking to flash 4-FILE firmware and wipe all their data.
3) Grab your devices usb cable and boot the phone into download mode. If you don't know how to boot your phone into download mode, you can either Google the button combination to do so, or, if you're rooted, you can download Quick Reboot from the Google Play Store and boot into download mode from there.
5) In Odin, insert the firmware file-by-file. (BL.tar goes in the BL tab, etc.)
6) OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED - If you are looking to sell your phone or perform a clean wipe, click on the PIT tab in Odin and look for the HEROQLTE_USA_ATT.pit file you extracted with the firmware package and click select, then make sure the CSC.tar package is under the CSC tab in Odin. Afterwards, click on the Options tab and make sure Re-partition, NAND Erase All, & Phone EFS Clear are selected. Obviously, if you want to keep your device's MAC address, which I don't recommend you do if you're going to sell the device, simply uncheck Phone EFS Clear.
7) Afterwards, click Start in Odin and do your chores or make sure you're still alive. Do something while Odin is going, and do that until Odin gives off a "PASS" message.
8) Unplug the phone from your computer and reboot it. Wait about 20 seconds for the phone to completely finish.
9) Enjoy!

For those who are looking to flash 4-FILE firmware without wiping their data.

3) Grab your devices usb cable and boot the phone into download mode. If you don't know how to boot your phone into download mode, you can either Google the button combination to do so, or if you're rooted, you can download Quick Reboot from the Google Play Store and boot into download mode from there.
5) If you haven't already, Google and install 7Zip for your pc.
6) Extract the CSC_ATT_G930Axxxxxxxx_G930AATTxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar file into another folder on your desktop and wait for extraction to complete.
7) Go into said folder and delete 'cache.img.ext4' and the .pit file. If there are any remaining files, select them and repack them into another .tar archive. If there are no remaining files, then do not flash the CSC file, unless you are upgrading to a newer firmware to avoid soft-bricks and even hard-bricks. Do not flash the .pit file. If you are like me and you like to keep several different copies and variations of your phones firmware, I recommend naming the new file something like this. "CSC_DATASAVE_ATT_G930Axxxxxxxx_G930AATTxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar".
8) Go into Odin, and insert the firmware file-by-file into their respective tabs (BL.tar goes into BL slot, etc.) If you had any files remaining in the CSC file after completing step 7, insert that as well. If not, do not flash insert it.
9) Make sure Re-partition, NAND Erase All, and Phone EFS Clear are unchecked. Also make sure that there is no .pit file selected under the PIT tab.
10) Click Start and watch cat videos while you wait.
11) Wait for Odin to give off a "PASS" message and wait for your phone to reboot.
12) Enjoy!

If you had any troubles or were confused by my instructions in any way, please let me know.
If any of the download links go down, please let me know.

Downloads (MM Only):
G930AUCS4APK1 (Combo): https://mega.nz/#!a8oCQCbI!1PKFDfNYsHvNbISfuniBzIj1p2vF1JTxQDCyhuhnrT8https
G930AUCS4APK1 (4 File): https://mega.nz/#!rkoBwQZZ!SzQvZISGg8du_dFmqE4hxbKRhNPp3nGestLhrURT0LM
Odin 3.12 Patched: https://mega.nz/#!jlIlRYLA!AE0yW7A9gi3236cjRFr7QUJslMj6Pjy-pll6OONfgLk
Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and Tinhorn
My version is slightly different. Im trying to install SMG930F. Do I follow exactly the same steps but obviously use a different download link?

im using odin 3.12.3
My response might be a bit late, but yes. Use exactly the same steps from either of the tutorials in the thread, just don't use my dl links, as those are for AT&T devices.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say thanks, because for about a week i thought my phone was gone, because I followed a root guide that put me in a boot loop, and none of the other Odin tutorials worked, but yours did.

So thanks again, you're a life saver.
Super glad to hear that your phone works again. Be more careful when rooting though. It's super easy to hard brick it if you mess something up or read an article wrong. :D;)

Cheers!

Reactions: Jame93849
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones