• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to Android and still wrapping my head around this. So would the following be a correct assumption?

ROOT = No SPRINT Hotspot
No ROOT = No full backup

I've used Titanium Backup. Doesn't work for me. Kills all my syncs and after re-adding them all my contacts are gone. I don't trust it anymore. Idealistically I want an image backup or comparable. Aiming for Nandroid but if the above is true I'm looking at either one or the other, right?

At this point I don't even really care about custom ROMs (YET!!). I just want to root so I can backup but I'm not willing to sacrifice the Hotspot if that's the case.

Upvote 0
Yeah, maybe but I'm currently paying the $30 bucks/month for Hotspot. I'm holding out for some time to see if Sprint retaliates to tethered users before making that move. Tethering seems to be slower as well but I have not statistics to prove that.

That's just a bad move. Sprint has absolutely no way to prevent or detect tethering with third-party apps. People have been doing it for a long, long time. You're just wasting a ton of money.

Oh, and Titanium Backup is definitely the best backup app available. It is the only one to backup Market links and protected apps. Not sure what caused your problem.
-------------
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

Upvote 0
The other guide has now been fully updated to include all photos and so that links work on these boards. I will no longer be posting in this topic, so post in the correct topic if you need help. Again, I will ask that the mods please un-stick this in favor of the other guide. Thanks!
As requested, closing thread.

TS

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones