• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tutorial: Love GTAV? Want Ifruit on android?

Do you love GTAV? Do you want the ifruit app but the Play Store tells you its incompatible? Dont want to mess around in build.prop? Is your device rooted? If you answered yes to any of the above then you are definitely in the right area.
NOTICE This is NOT warez, do not ask me for pirated software. Both apps that are used in this tutorial are FREE they are not paid apps and we will not treat them as such. I will not be held responsible for illegal or misuse of these apps which is nearly impossible!

Now on to the tutorial!

The ifruit app is an app that I believe rockstar intended to be for iphones only, but after pressure from the fans of GTAV they decided to make an android app. Since then they have NOT responded to any attempts of contact regarding the compatibility issues with other phones, telling me that they made it to where it was only compatible with high dollar/select devices. I say no more, after searching and searching I found an app called Market helper, you must be rooted to use it. What this app does is spoof your device to google play to show google play that your device is actually a different one. I have an Lg motion running the ifruit app right now, which before google play would not let me download.

You can find market helper here:
Code:
http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/

Once you download market helper go to root explorer and navigate to your SD card to find the market helper apk file and install it(Make sure unknown sources are allowed to be installed via your security settings)

open the market helper app and under select device in the first box select tablet and the second select asus nexus 7 3g

select your operator country and carrier

hit activate, when the prompt for superuser comes up, hit "Grant"

Now go to this website
Code:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEAQjBAwAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fdashboard%2F%3Fpli%3D1&ei=8ah9UrDKPMXrkAfI-oGADw&usg=AFQjCNGE0zrl5R1fMsZU-DaqOPIDWU9ZTQ&bvm=bv.56146854,d.eW0

from your device you dont have to do anything else just visit it.

I had to force stop and clear data for google play before it would install

but go here when you finish on the google dashboard and click install and select nexus 7 and it will download and install to your device.

Now all you have to do, is open the ifruit app after it installs and sign in to your social club account. If your social club is not linked to your xbox or playstation account, do so now, you must do it to interact with LS customs or chop on the game.

sorry I cant add pictures my phone is not working right with the screen shot program right now. If you can get pictures of these steps PM me with them and I will put them in the thread and I will credit you for them.

Reactions: jroc

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones