• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks for the links! Tried it out after I got home yesterday and it works. It would be nice if it could be used remotely over 4G (as I saw was being discussed and looked into on XDA) but for now its useful if I want to watch one of those channels in my bedroom, since my DVR is in the living room. Now I just have to look into getting one of those TWC app compatible DVRs...

Upvote 0
This app seems to me to be kind of useless. It only lets me do something if I'm connected to my home network. I can't set shows to record while I'm not on my own network!? If I were home on my own network why would I need to use my phone to set up a show to record? Am I doing something wrong? This should be able to be used on any WIFI connection in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This app seems to me to be kind of useless. It only lets me do something if I'm connected to my home network. I can't set shows to record while I'm not on my own network!? If I were home on my own network why would I need to use my phone to set up a show to record? Am I doing something wrong? This should be able to be used on any WIFI connection in my opinion.

You only have to be on your home network to watch live TV. I just used it to program my dvr on 4G.

Reactions: Gnex269
Upvote 0
It works for changing channels and setting up a recording on 3g just fine. Don't believe me just ask my wife why her tv was changing channels while I was at work :D

Haha...I did the same thing. I just had to turn off my WIFI at work and picked up 3g. That was how I tested it out. My wife texted me and was wondering what was going on with the DVR. I replied...I don't know...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones