• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twitter apps not working with S2 ATT unlocked

cftm

Lurker
Jan 30, 2012
I have bought an S2 (ATT edition) unlocked to be used in Mexico. I downloaded some twitter apps but they do not work. For example UberSocial, I open the app and clic on 'Sign In to Twitter' to configure my account, a message saying 'Redirecting to twitter' is displayed and then an error message that says 'Authentication error network' is showed. Then I downloaded TweetCaster, clic on Sign In, the message 'Contacting Twitter' is displayed and then error message: 'Failed to connect to twitter'. I have no problems using the web version of twitter (I can read and send tweets without problem this way), but the apps never hook up. Any ideas? I am a big twitter user and this is starting to annoy me. :mad:

Thanks in advance

Bloody hell, it worked. Now the question would be, why does twitter work with the official app but not with ubersocial or tweetcaster?

I am not sure why it wouldn't be able to connect to the other twitter apps, since the official tweeter app works and now that you have your account set up on there, try connecting with the other apps, and if it works, try uninstalling the official app and see if you are still connected to the 3rd party one. If not, I am out of clues and will have to do some research when I get home from work.

Upvote 0
I am not sure why it wouldn't be able to connect to the other twitter apps, since the official tweeter app works and now that you have your account set up on there, try connecting with the other apps, and if it works, try uninstalling the official app and see if you are still connected to the 3rd party one. If not, I am out of clues and will have to do some research when I get home from work.

Official twitter app did work but the others continue to have problems with authentication. It does not make any sense. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones