1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Twitter Apps

Last Updated:

1. rud562

rud562 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay guys so by now we all know that EVO comes Peep for Twitter. I had the Blackberry Tour 9650 previously and I recall I had an app that would notify me when I would receive a tweet, which I loved. On this I notice that I have to open Peep to check if I have new tweets which is pretty sucks. I've changed my notification settings and no luck. It will notify me as soon as I open Peep, so what's the point of changing the settings, right? So if anyone knows a solution please let me know or if there is a different app.

Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Uh, the notifications are what you want. Make sure under send & receive that you have it syncing regularly, so it has something to notify you about.

3. rud562

rud562 New Member This Topic's Starter

That notification option is not available

4. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

twitter for android has notifications

5. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Well-Known Member

I don't even use Peep..now I'm using Tweetcaster

6. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Twitter for Android is great. But I just use PEEP now. I dont want any extra apps on the phone that I really dont need hogging up my internal memory. The 1Ghz Snapdragon has improved HTC PEEP. Its not the best but it gets the job done.

7. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

+1 you can also select if you'd like to have the notification light go off and you can set a ringtone for it. This app definitely get's my vote. Plus I don't have to worry about having 2 apps running at the same time cause I never sign in to Peep.

8. FreddyAmazin

FreddyAmazin Active Member

it's all about Twicca!

9. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I use TweetCaster. IMO it offers you the most functionality for a free app compared to the others (although it's not the prettiest).

10. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

I also heartily recommend TweetCaster. I did use Seesmic and the Twitter official app, but Tweetcaster ismy favourite so far... until Tweetdeck finally release for android, in any case.

11. r3dDaWn

r3dDaWn Active Member

lol, not the prettiest? TweetCaster probably has the best looking interface of all the clients out there, though they need to fix the widgets, make one bigger to scroll through tweets.. What twitter app has the best interface for you, I'm curious?

12. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

twicca. I'm a minimalist, clean type of person. I feel like TweetCaster is a bit too busy for me.

13. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

then i had my hero and used peep i didnt need to open it for it to show tweets, i could set it to info me about all tweets, dm or @username

14. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

I've tried Twidroid (free and paid), Touitier (sp?), TweetCaster and Seesmic. I like the look of all 4 but I think Twidroid PRO is the fastest for me and has the most features.

15. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Any of those update FB as well? Not a deal-breaker, but would be useful.

I do need one that allows management of multiple Twitter accounts.

16. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

TweetCaster updates Facebook and allows multiple Twitter accounts

17. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

18. Tre Lawrence

19. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Try the official Twitter app from the market.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

20. BoogieNYC

BoogieNYC Well-Known Member

You may want to check out Selective Twitter, it's a service that lets you automatically update your Facebook status when you tweet by adding a #FB at the end of a tweet. If you want to just send a tweet without updating Facebook, don't include the #FB at the end of it.

Not as elegant as a software solution and you need to sign up for Selective Twitter, but it works well and doesn't occupy any space on your phone.

21. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf Well-Known Member

Peep can do notifications for you, but it is not enabled by default. So you have to go in and enable it.

On a side note, it has been my experience that HTC's implementation of social networking widgets (Peep, and Friendstream) are not very lightweight at all. I've noticed better battery life by using the official twitter app and the facebook app.

22. Tre Lawrence

@Boogie: thanks for that option.

The chart was useful. I like the ability to edit retweets, and a few of those apps allow for that. Great stuff...

23. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

I like Twidroid the best in terms of features and interface. The Twitter for android app is nice, but lacks some of the features of Twidroid. I use the free version and that suits me fine.

24. BoogieNYC

BoogieNYC Well-Known Member

De nada -- you should look into Twidroid and the other clients and see what works best for you. I still think Selective Twitter is the best one-way option as a Twitter add-on per se there is, but I've yet to really scratch the 'Droid surface as far as Twitter apps go. If you find something good that does two-way updates (Facebook to Twitter and vice-versa) definitely let us know, I'll be needing something in the next 24 hours or so once the Droid X fairy comes :)