• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twitter Drone Patent aims to change the face of Live Video Coverage

A patent recently published by Twitter for an "Unmanned Aerial Vehicle" seems to describe a Drone that could be controlled with messaging and have access to video

An excerpt from the patent application:

"An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) carries a camera, sends data from the camera, and receives commands. The UAV is connected to a messaging platform. Pictures or video clips received from the UAV are selected and placed in messages broadcast by an account associated with the UAV. Video footage from the camera is live-streamed in a card-type message. Account holders of the messaging platform may control the UAV with commands embedded in messages and directed towards an account associated with the UAV. Controllable elements of the UAV include UAV location, camera orientation, camera subject, UAV-mounted lighting, a UAV-mounted display, a UAV-mounted projector, UAV-mounted speakers, and a detachable payload. UAV control may be determined through democratic means. Some UAV functionality may be triggered through aggregated engagements on the messaging platform. The UAV may include a display screen and/or a microphone to provide for telepresence or interview functionality."

Back to the Future predicted this day would come! Remember the USA Today News Drone from Back to the Future - Part 2?
hovercam.jpg

Personally, I'm waiting for the Dog Walking Drone so I can remotely walk my dog while I'm at work.
hovercam-2.jpg

But something tells me that might not end well...

Back to the Future named these "HoverCams" I think, which is a pretty awesome name.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones