• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two questions about Moto G EXT phone, Android 4.4.4

jeppollcat75

Sep 8, 2013
Just got the Motorola Moto G EXT (XT1064) smartphone a couple days ago, and am trying to adjust to it. It runs on Android 4.4.4. This phone was just released, and the forum for it doesn't have much traffic. So I hope it's okay to post these questions here. (If there's a more appropriate forum, please let me know.) I have two questions:

1. I have only five people marked as favorites, but each one appears in Speed Dial as a huge box with their name and the first letter of their name in it. If I add even one more, I will have to scroll down to see all my favorites. Is there a way to change this to a list, rather than boxes? Or to make the boxes smaller?

2. The battery icon appears at the top right of the screen, as it is supposed to. But is there a way to get it to also display the amount of charge in the battery? The Samsung phone I just replaced had the icon and the number (say, 87%) right next to it. Can I get the Moto G EXT to do that?

Thanks.

JEP

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones