• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Two Questions about Rom Manager & Droid Loop Helper

Short Story: I rooted my droid (Android version 2.2, build FRG01B) with a program called universal androot (which I can't find on the market anymore) and now I want to create a backup of what i have because I'm interested in experimenting with other roms.

I have tried to find what I thought was "Droid Root Helper" but i saw in one of the threads someone call it "Droid Loop Helper". I've searched for both in different variations but can not find them on the market.

The other program I heard of was "Rom Manager" by clockworkmod. I downloaded and installed that from the market. Then I got a pop up message of "... ROM Manager may send anonymous usage statistics to Google Analytics..." I'd like to know what "anonymous usage data" is being sent before I continue?

Thanks for any advice! :)

PS, for the love of god is there any way to get the update window to stop popping up?

Short Story: I rooted my droid (Android version 2.2, build FRG01B) with a program called universal androot (which I can't find on the market anymore) and now I want to create a backup of what i have because I'm interested in experimenting with other roms.

I have tried to find what I thought was "Droid Root Helper" but i saw in one of the threads someone call it "Droid Loop Helper". I've searched for both in different variations but can not find them on the market.

The other program I heard of was "Rom Manager" by clockworkmod. I downloaded and installed that from the market. Then I got a pop up message of "... ROM Manager may send anonymous usage statistics to Google Analytics..." I'd like to know what "anonymous usage data" is being sent before I continue?

Thanks for any advice! :)

PS, for the love of god is there any way to get the update window to stop popping up?

For the OTA update, check out this sticky: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...de-updated-october-11th-2010-11-05pm-est.html as it has everything (mostly) that you need for rooting, roming, kernels, etc. Specifically, check out htis thread to learn how to stop the OTA notification: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/179578-how-do-i-prevent-ota-updates.html.

As for the usage statistics, I have no idea, but here is a link to the Dev's contact page: Contact | ClockworkMod. The website says it is ClockworkMod, but don't worry, ClockworkMod Recovery and ROM manager are both from the same Dev.

If it makes you feel better, I and many, many others use ROM Manager daily and I have never once heard anything negative about the usage statistics.

You can always turn off Google Analytics within this app if you do not wish to have it on. Just go to settings and uncheck Google Analytics.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones