• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP update

HaTrEd360

Android Expert
Aug 18, 2012
For those talking about building Kitkat but have lost the recovery to do so.... I'm pretty sure TWRP 6.3.2.0 I think it was can flash KitKat roms. I know we had a TWRP recovery at some point for this phone, so maybe it can be updated to flash Kitkat? And there are partitioning files that can be modified to allow a bigger system and a smaller data partition, just add link2sd by default then.

For those talking about building Kitkat but have lost the recovery to do so.... I'm pretty sure TWRP 6.3.2.0 I think it was can flash KitKat roms. I know we had a TWRP recovery at some point for this phone, so maybe it can be updated to flash Kitkat? And there are partitioning files that can be modified to allow a bigger system and a smaller data partition, just add link2sd by default then.

I remember phenom saying before that he had a kitkat recovery working but a new commit or something broke it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones