• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help txt alert "vibration" question??? help

Gibbs-DC

Lurker
Oct 23, 2010
Ok so something started with my phone today and its driving me nuts... I have my phone set on multiple short vibrates for txt alerts... and it does that, but for some reason now when i get a txt from my wife its a long vibrate instead of multiple shorts... I still have all the settings on multiple shorts so i dont know WHY it changed just her to a long vibrate and i can figure it out... I have shut my phone off multiple times but it still does it...

I have a droid X ... and I am using handcent. only thing I can think is different is i downloaded "Task Manager" the other day? but it just started this issue today.

I know its very minor but it annoys the hell out of me because I cant figure out how or why to change it. I have even changed the vibration to custom settings and it works on every txt but from my wife...

oh i forgot to mention that this morning i downloaded angry birds... and maybe the issue started after that? i went to play angry birds a little bit ago and it wasnt anywhere in my app list for some reason...i couldnt find it anywhere. went to the market and it showed it as being installed, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it then showed up as being back in my app list? beats me why? love this phone but i feel way over my head with this thing. i've had it for 5 days now. lol

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones