• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help U20i on 3 network problems

Ian Moone

Lurker
Jun 20, 2014
Hi,

Picked up a Xperia U20i mini pro from a car boot sale - after getting home and charging it, it booted up but was in Czech language.
I hooked it up to the update service and reloaded software.
When I switched it back on the language had changed back to English.
The phone is tied to 3 network - so I tried a 3 sim which it accepted and was able to browse menus in phone etc.
Everything functioned as it should and was able to connect to myhome network via wifi etc.

However, there is no signal to 3 network - just a red cross where the signal bar is.
I googled problem and it mentioned toggling airplane mode which I did to no avail. I then tried 2G / 3G combinations within the menus - still no luck.

When I go to choose network - it scans for networks and picks up most common providers (O2, Orange, T-mobile, 3 etc.) - however when I choose any of them (including 3) it tells me that my sim isn't allowed on those networks.

I have tried my 3 sim in another phone and its fine.

Anyone any ideas on this?
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones