• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uberfast Snap 7.6 w/ turbo released!

CAP2010091211281-1.jpg

Third time's a charm...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yeah, YouTube works fine for me on CFS.

um, with regards to the turbo thing, it seems pretty clear that they are using software to create some kind of cache that is pumping up the I/O speeds. If you watch the quad test, it is the database read/write portion that is much faster. FPS on the video portion are about the same.

Upvote 0
Yeah, YouTube works fine for me on CFS.

um, with regards to the turbo thing, it seems pretty clear that they are using software to create some kind of cache that is pumping up the I/O speeds. If you watch the quad test, it is the database read/write portion that is much faster. FPS on the video portion are about the same.

yeah without these changelog notes i have no clue how to turn on turbo...still getting 1500s on quad

Upvote 0
7.6 CFS , turbo boost on and restarted:

1. low on space notification in task bar

2. low low 1400s on average in quadrant

Well if your internal memory is low, move apps to sd card. If you sd card memory is low, clear out old nandroids and downloads you don't need. Sometimes you need to reboot 2 or 3 times before the turbo starts really working.

Last point. This kernel is meant to work with CyanogenMod Tom ONLY. If you are using other rom it wont work.

** you MUST do full wipe before installing.

Upvote 0
Well if your internal memory is low, move apps to sd card. If you sd card memory is low, clear out old nandroids and downloads you don't need. Sometimes you need to reboot 2 or 3 times before the turbo starts really working.

Last point. This kernel is meant to work with CyanogenMod Tom ONLY. If you are using other rom it wont work.

** you MUST do full wipe before installing.

well yeah i am using cm6 nightly ..ill try reboots... and yeah i guess i have to move some stuff to SD

Upvote 0
battery life is fine. Just remember, this setup is designed to fool the benchmark. It doesn't make your phone run 2x faster than normal. That's why you won't see significant improvements in your normal usage activities, and that's also why there's no more battery drain than usual.

I've seen numbers over 3000 with this "quadrant slayer" build, so technically, all of you guys are still running too slow :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones