• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UConnect (Dodge/Chrysler) Issue

LonBeMe

Lurker
Nov 9, 2011
Hi Folks,
Brand new to this forum, but I know forums are the place to get answers! I tried both Verizon and Chrysler with no success at all. I did search this and other forums prior to posting.

I have the Droid Pro for about 6 months - all good
I got a Dodge w/ their UConnect about 2 months ago - paired up and all was good. I press the button and say "Call Home" - it asks for confirmation and then connects - all good

THen came the Android upgrade last month (2.3.3). While I'm not positive, I sure think this is when I started having issues (the same for one of my coworkers w/ same phone and uconnect)

Here's what happens;
Press the button - Speak "Call whatever", then get confirmation. Display on radio says connecting...but nothing happens; phone does not light up, and then uconnect says "phone call completed"

It gets goofier...
When I repeat the same thing, it always works perfectly the second time!
I can also say "redial" and it will call the # of what I requested.

and then goofier yet...
It turns out the 2nd try always calls the 1st # I asked for. Example:
"Call Home"...doesn't work
"Call Work"...connects to Home!
I have even tried this:
"Call Home"...
then shut the car off, went into my office (forgetting about it), then looked up another totally different contact on the phone, pressed call ...and was connected to "Home"!!!

I have deleted the uconnect phonebook, unpaired and paired again, and even did a hard reset of the phone. Nothing helped.

I'm hoping one of you might!
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones