UK location via 3 network gone mad?Support

Last Updated:

1. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wotcher all, this morning I was surprised to look across at my Nexus One in its dock and clock that the weather in my location, Liverpool, was displayed. This was odd because I'm about 300 miles away from Liverpool. Suddenly my network-based location has gone from being accurate to about quarter of a mile, to being 300 miles out. This is on 3, has anyone else on 3 noticed any similar issues or is it just me?

I've tried turning off wireless to prevent it using hotspots to locate itself, no difference, and of course if I enable GPS it locates me fine but I don't want GPS enabled unless I'm using satnav.

Advertisement
  2. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

The locations on my weather things (weather channel and beautiful widgets) are both showing me to be where I think I am :D but I do have my gps turned on. I will turn it off and drive somewhere else later....

3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's behaving itself again now, despite multiple reboots and some SIM swapping it was still making the same mistake (when using the 3 sim, it was fine when using a non-3 sim), then suddenly it's fine. Almost 100% certain it was a problem with 3.