Uk OrderingGeneral

1. stevevercs

stevevercs Well-Known Member

Hi Guys/Girls. Just to let you know that the UK play store is now accepting orders. Just managed to order a 16GB, which is shipping in 1-2 weeks.
    But for the record had to spam the old f5 button for a few mins.:D

Advertisement
    :
  2. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

Yep, I got one as well, 16GB. It'll be going on eBay as soon as it arrives, and I'll get one from Google for myself next time round when the hysteria dies down.
  3. knoxieman

knoxieman Member

Yes I bagged one as well took some refreshing to do it, they were limiting you to 1 per user as well, site was likely clogged with ebay fleece merchants rather than genuine punters as per last time :p
  4. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I still cant get mine arghhhhhhh
  5. davewood44

davewood44 Well-Known Member

YUP! Managed to bag a 16gb......

Took 2 goes but got the magic email confirmation!!!!!

Now just the wait.......

Never thought I'd give up on my iphone 5 but at this price I can't resist going android again..
  6. isdoo

isdoo Active Member

3-5 business days for mine :)
  7. johnmandy

johnmandy Member

An hour gone, and the playstore in the UK is still open.
    I have abandoned any hope of getting the phone untill after the holidays so will, like some others wait for the excitment too die down.
  8. stevevercs

Lucky! Is that the 8 or 16gb version?
  9. Liamo_210

Finally ordered an 8 gig. It took a while and its 4-5 weeks shipping but it will be worth it.

But here the irony of the whole.thing. You can't order this phone from Ireland so ihad to get someone
    from England to buy it for me. But when they ordered it they noticed it said it ships from Dublin. That means my phone will go from Dublin to England and back to Dublin again.
  10. knoxieman

knoxieman Member

:D Yes got my confirmation email within 10 mins of ordering the phone and they deffo limited me to one phone which is fair.

I bagged a 16GB as well, the 8 is just too small for me.

3-5 business days too :) very happy, you need to know that I am upgrading from a HTC Wildfire that i have been contracted in to for 2 years, so folks can understand why a I dont want to go contract again and b why I want this phone.

At least they are taking orders, I was sat at work when I got the email saying the UK store would be taking orders from 5, my works internet connection goes via Germany so I had to Teamviewer in to my laptop and do it remotely!ha ha not ideal but amazingly worked very well.

Well thats my xmas pressie sorted :) good luck to others getting the phone and dont succumb to the car phone warehouse or Ebay, hang on in there who knows they might come back in stock sooner than you think.
  11. srhplover

srhplover Active Member

The UK site is still taking orders.

Just ordered mine and got immediate confirmation.
  12. Liamo_210

Yep there seems to be less problems this time
  13. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Everyone must be preoccupied with Kate's pregnancy. ;)
  14. Liamo_210

Must be. But its on the news here to but i dont think anyone really cares
  15. stevevercs

I know I don't! :D
  16. idic

idic Well-Known Member

I ordered my 16GB at 5.10 and got one to two weeks delivery time. Did the people getting just a few days order particularly swiftly, or have the shipping estimates give down since I ordered? It's difficult to tell what time people managed to press the button!
  17. stevevercs

Like yourself idic, I managed to get mine ordered just after 5.00, and I had the same shipping estimate of 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it will be despatched sooner than that.
  18. knoxieman

knoxieman Member

I had 2 tabs open and was refreshing both of them, I also had a tab with the 8GB one, was refreshing all of them before 5 and every 10 seconds after 5 until the screen changed, took 2 attempts to get in to wallet.

Just kept retrying, luckily it went in at about 5.04 I think, they quoted 1-2 weeks at first, this changed to 3-5 business days on the order confirmation so we is happy, I stopped by my buddies tonight to pick some films up, he had got one from O2 as he couldnt do with all this.

Such a nice phone, cant wait to get playing :)
  19. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

:D

I got mine in! Shame I won't have it till after xmas...it says 5-6 weeks delivery.
  20. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Ordered a 16gb yesterday evening and got an email this afternoon saying it was shipped! Didn't expect that.
  21. srhplover

srhplover Active Member

I have just noticed that Amazon UK are selling the phone for
  22. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

23. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

I don't see how anyone can be desperate for a phone...remember the days when we didn't have one? Wasn't so bad was it?
  24. knoxieman

knoxieman Member

paying the playstore price for this phone you can fully understand the demand as its half the cost of its competitors without the horrible carrier software and contract, makes it very desirable that said I wouldnt pay silly money to get one?

It is just a phone at the end of the day and there will be no problem getting them in a month or 2 and who knows they may be even cheaper then? just look at how tablet prices are dropping and their specs going up, dont see why this wont happen with phones, this is why this phone at this price must get up the nose of the carriers, with good sim only deals these days the carriers are gonna loose out on revenue generated by bundled phone bloat/adverts and long contracts with high handset prices ( there is no such thing as a free phone when you get one on contract )

I think Google have shaken up the market with this phone and its spec / price.:smokingsomb:
  25. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

The 8GB has sold out again and the 16GB has shipping times delayed to 6-7 weeks now.

I have one on hold. I'll deciding whether to exercise my option now or wait a bit.