• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UK Peeps, Don't Use N8010XXALGC_N8010PAPALG5_PAP

I'll try this again in the right forum! ;)

By way of introduction I just wanted to warn other UK GT-N8010 owners off the above firmware...

I was led to believe it was the stock UK one and flashed it yesterday. It contains a really annoying retail demo after a few seconds' inactivity, and there's no ability to lock the screen. :eek:

I learned today that N8010XXALGC_N8010OXXALG4_EUR (I got mine from sammobile) is the correct one to use and it will restore your tab back to factory settings. I wiped/factory reset after flashing, and restored all my apps and stuff with TitaniumBackup after using zedomax's root and everything's groovy again.:thumb:

Regards,
:) Steve

I'll try this again in the right forum! ;)

By way of introduction I just wanted to warn other UK GT-N8010 owners off the above firmware...

I was led to believe it was the stock UK one and flashed it yesterday. It contains a really annoying retail demo after a few seconds' inactivity, and there's no ability to lock the screen. :eek:

I learned today that N8010XXALGC_N8010OXXALG4_EUR (I got mine from sammobile) is the correct one to use and it will restore your tab back to factory settings. I wiped/factory reset after flashing, and restored all my apps and stuff with TitaniumBackup after using zedomax's root and everything's groovy again.:thumb:

Regards,
:) Steve

Just learnt that mistake today my self. The onlyN8010XXALGC_N8010OXXALG4 firmware I can find is the Spanish one will i be OK restoring that in case i have to send my tab back

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones