UK Peeps, Don't Use N8010XXALGC_N8010PAPALG5_PAP

Last Updated:

1. urbandruid

urbandruid Member

I'll try this again in the right forum! ;)

By way of introduction I just wanted to warn other UK GT-N8010 owners off the above firmware...

I was led to believe it was the stock UK one and flashed it yesterday. It contains a really annoying retail demo after a few seconds' inactivity, and there's no ability to lock the screen. :eek:

I learned today that N8010XXALGC_N8010OXXALG4_EUR (I got mine from sammobile) is the correct one to use and it will restore your tab back to factory settings. I wiped/factory reset after flashing, and restored all my apps and stuff with TitaniumBackup after using zedomax's root and everything's groovy again.:thumb:

Regards,
    :) Steve

Advertisement
  2. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, i have bought a note 10.1 in the uk, my fw build no. is: IMM76D.N8010XXALGC
  3. jonc22

jonc22 New Member

Just learnt that mistake today my self. The onlyN8010XXALGC_N8010OXXALG4 firmware I can find is the Spanish one will i be OK restoring that in case i have to send my tab back
  4. urbandruid

urbandruid Member

As far as I can tell, there isn't one specific to EU countries, you just set the language when setting up for the first time after installing.
    I can verify the _EUR one from sammobile works fine. :)
  5. jonc22

jonc22 New Member

Sorted it mate thanks
  6. Rolo42

Rolo42 Well-Known Member

Moved to the All Things Root forum for better visibility.

Hey, close enough works in Horseshoes, Nukes, and Android Forums!