• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK phone costs and delivery

howdy peeps, i want this phone bad but just waiting to see what the import tax is from you guys that have already ordered (UK), however i will let you know that i work for DHL and with the weather being bad we are a little behind on some deliveries, so i doubt you'd get it within the 3 days unless it has been sent via diamond service, i will try to find out what the import charge will be and post it as soon as.....

That'd be helpful ;)

Upvote 0
My phone arrived today but I'm at work so I can't do anything with it. Nothing is showing up on my online bank statement yet but I called them up and was told the charge is due to come out. Got the tracking number fro Google yesterday morning (7th) and turns out it actually shipped on the 6th. Total shipping time was around 36 hours.

Anyone else had any luck yet?

Upvote 0
Nothing was paid when signing to receive the package (wasn't me as I'm not there).

However, don't expect it to show any extra charges on delivery. DHL will send an invoice within 14 days or so asking for VAT and handling fee, although there may be an invoice stuck to the package.

There will be charges of at least 17.5% VAT, guaranteed.

Upvote 0
Grrrr, my tracking number still is saying 'cant be found'.....

Has anyone else got a DHL number saying this?

also for anyone whose is working is yours a 10 digit number starting with 1100?

Slowly but surely..... My number is as you described and worked fine - but it was a few hours before I tried it. They attempted to deliver my phone today but I was at work so hopefully I can pick it up from the depot tomorrow morning - though I couldn't get through to them this afternoon to arrange it.

Sorry guys I'm pretty sure delivery is Monday-Friday only, so you'll have to wait till Monday if it's on route now.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine tonight. I couldn't wait any longer to see what was happening with the google uk site. I'll just have to suck up the VAT and Import Duty sting when it comes!

I think it will save you very little were you to wait for a UK seller. This is rip off Britain after all - I can't see a new cutting edge smart phone going on sale for less than

Upvote 0
I ordered mine tonight. I couldn't wait any longer to see what was happening with the google uk site. I'll just have to suck up the VAT and Import Duty sting when it comes!

Funny, I placed and ordered mine tonight as well :D @ 8 Jan 2010 19:07 GMT+00:00
What time did you place yours? We could try to track both of our orders and see if they are really giving standard service to everyone :cool:

Just a thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones