• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK (XEU) Official Jellybean - Does It Exist?

I have an unbranded UK Note (CSC: N7000XEULA1). Is there a compatible XEU Jellybean ROM out yet which can be flashed via PC ODIN?

The Sammobile search for XEU brings up an XXL ROM for some reason, is this compatible or an error?

The third item on this list has region set at XEU but the version number states XXL?

Your current CSC is XEU and your current ROM is version LA1 (actually, from the table I've included below I think it is LA6). You can read about what the CSC value means here - Multi CSC Explained | CheckROM

The ROM I pointed you to is also CSC = XEU, which should be correct for your phone, and ROM version LSZ, which is Jelly Bean. There may well be additional JB ROMs released for your phone and CSC further down the line. For now this is the only one that matches.

The ROM you (mis)described is with CSC = OXX and is ROM version LS4, which is also Jelly Bean. There is no XXL reference there at all unless you pick the wrong set of characters from the string. I don't know the fallout from trying to install an OXX ROM onto an XEU device. It is probably not recommended and might lead to data loss or require additional adjustments. That's beyond my knowledge, I'm afraid.

20130504_133056_.JPG

So, SamMobile doesn't yet list the ROM you want for your phone and CSC, while Samsung-Updates does.

At least that's my reading of the situation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones