• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to capture screenshot using ICS shortcuts Power Button+Volume Down button

xkannan

Lurker
Dec 3, 2012
I've been struggling to find a way to do a screen capture in my Android S2 Galaxy phone. Its running on ICS 4.0.4.

Pressing the 'power' and 'volume down' button only pops up either the "volume indicator" or the "Device options menu". In Gingerbread pressing power + the menu button used to work like a breeze.

I have tried some applications from the Google Play - but most of them don't work unless the phone is bricked. I don't want to do that.:mad:

I've been struggling to find a way to do a screen capture in my Android S2 Galaxy phone. Its running on ICS 4.0.4.

Pressing the 'power' and 'volume down' button only pops up either the "volume indicator" or the "Device options menu". In Gingerbread pressing power + the menu button used to work like a breeze.

I have tried some applications from the Google Play - but most of them don't work unless the phone is bricked. I don't want to do that.:mad:

I think you mean... "rooted"! :thinking:

See... Screen capture after update? (4.0.4)

It would appear that in ICS that there are 2 methods of taking a screenshot, depending on the firmware or carrier modifications.

These are....

1. HOME + POWER keys simultaneously

or

2. HOME + VOLUME DOWN keys simultaneously

some firmwares can use both methods, as this video demonstrates.

How to take ScreenShot on Samsung i9100 Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich

Reactions: xkannan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones