• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to change any type of ringtone or notification...

Kind Keif

Lurker
Dec 9, 2012
I just rooted a Zte 990g (Merit) and I am unable to change any ringtone or notification tone not even to the default sounds. I can locate them via File Manager and when I select the desired tone everything seems to work but when I recieve a call or text or notification the tone remains the same.. Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can change the call ringtone but not the notification ringtone (texts, emails, alerts). If you so desire, you'd need to convert the file to an ogg file, and replace the tone in your /audio folder somewhere (somewhere in /system I forgot the exact folder location) and give it the same file name. For example, to use say the iPhone text tone, convert it to an ogg file, then replace any of the stock sounds like deardeer.ogg with the new sound but keep it the same name, deerdear.ogg, the name will remain the same but when selected as preferred sound, the tone will be correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones