• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to mount cache while doing factory reset.

Also when I go to my computer > nexus 5 > internal storage and try to make a folder it gives me an error message. If I then unplug the USB cable and plug it back in and browse back to the phone I can see that the new folder is there. So I tried copying a file to the new folder but that doesn't work. I'm not sure if this info is useful but I just relaying everything I have done. LOL

Upvote 0
It got to this part:

target reported max download size of 1073741824 bytes
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.488s]
sending 'cache' (13348 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.631s]
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 1.026s]
finished. total time: 2.155s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s

< waiting for device >

It sounded like the phone was rebooting because of the "USB dings and dongs" but now it's off and just sitting there.

Upvote 0
That kit didn't help. It said it completed flashing all the images for 5.01 but it doesn't boot up. Just get the dots swirling around. So I used the same tool to load 4.4 onto the phone and now it boots into 4.4 I still get camera errors and no SD card but at least I can boot into android again. No clue what else to try....

Upvote 0
Same here. I see something about using a file explorer changing something... The problem being your phone doesn't know where YOUR storage is.

I would try side loading a file explorer app to the SYSTEM'S partition, because we know that holds app folders for the OS.

For 1, I don't know if the Nexus allows that like other phones with removable storage do, maybe.

2. If you can do this, you will need root access. You will need root to perform the file fix anyway.

And 3, we still don't know if your phone just can't "see" your storage, or if it's actually broken.

I'll look around some more :)

Upvote 0
Can you see if your ES home page shows something like this?

Or is your phone still showing 0/0?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423338282831.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1423338282831.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones