• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to play movies using Flixster app

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
As I have some movies that have a digital download code I have opened a Flixster account to access them on various gadgets. With all the hassle I've had so far (including the Flixster app not being available on Windows 8 in the UK) I'm not sure it's worth it.
I have downloaded the Flixster app and used it to download The Bourne Legacy. I can see this in Root/Android/Data/net.Flixster.android/files/wv. I thought that I could then copy it to the SD card and play it from there but have found out that this is a problem due to DRM protection.
I have found a workaround of copying the movie to the SD card and delete from the Flixster folder and copy back when I wanted to watch. Irritatingly, Flixster names the film with a string of numbers rather than a sensible name so it's not easy to identify each film.
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the film on an SD card as this would be much easier?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones