1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Unable to root with unrevoked

1. dayemare

dayemare Member

Hi. Got an evo 4g. Bought it rooted from craigslist, restored to complete stock via RUU. Now trying to root again, and unrevoked says firmware is too new. Running 2.3.3 with ALL the latest HTC software updates installed via the phone, including the one from november 1st (I believe.)

Not sure how to get it rooted now... I have the knowledge to use RUUs and go to different firmwares, recovery, things like that.. I just don't know how to troubleshoot this. I'd appreciate it if someone could help! So far I've tried doing a factory reset.. not sure if formatting SD card woudl work, but I'm willing to try it..

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

3. dayemare

dayemare Member

Thanks. I appreciate your nice response to my noob-ness :p
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Tell us what your Hboot says.

Pull Battery and then reinstall press volume down key and power button and tell us what the screen says.
  5. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Yep just follow the instructions if you have any problems just ask some one will help you out.
    And welcome .
  6. dayemare

dayemare Member

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT-2.16.0001
    MICROP-041f
    TOUCH-PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
    RADIO-2.15.00.0808
    MAR 8 2011, 17:02:15
  7. argedion

ok stop. You are rooted S-off is what you want. Now go to the Guide that frenchy told you about and is linked in my sig get su and lets see about your recovery or getting you one.
    ocnbrze and frenchy714 like this.
  8. dayemare

dayemare Member

When I went to HBOOT and copied the stuff you told me to, it started doing an update from something that was on my SD card from before. Not sure what version it was, it was PCIMG36 or something. When its done, i'll tell you what it installed and we can go from there. D: I appreciate it so much :D
  9. argedion

First No Problem that is why we exist.

Second if you did not delete the RUU from the sd that is probably what it is updating wont affect your hboot just the ROM. When its Finished Try to Boot into Recovery Mode and lets see if you still have one or need to flash one.
  10. dayemare

dayemare Member

OK, I'm here. I'm at 2.3.3 with S-OFF, same as before. I don't have a recovery installed, because when I boot to recovery I just get the error screen as if its trying to install an update..
  11. argedion

Ok I personally Recommend Amon RA you can find it in the rooting section in my sig. Please make sure you read the guide it has very valuable information and ofcourse we are around if you need any help. You can really skip the revolutionary part and go to After Rooting.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  12. dayemare

dayemare Member

ok, thanks. Am I already rooted, I just don't have a recovery? or I'm not blocking the recovery? o.o
  13. frenchy714

If you have S-OFF, then you're rooted. You can find recoveries here. Find the appropriate one (I also recommend Amon RA), rename the file, and place in the root directory of your sd card (topmost level and not in any folders).
    ocnbrze and argedion like this.
  14. dayemare

dayemare Member

Got recovery flashed & now I'm on a custom rom.. thanks!!! :)
    ocnbrze and argedion like this.
  15. frenchy714

Awesome!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  16. argedion

Glad to hear it went well for you. Remember if you run into any issues we are here 24 7. (well not me particularly I have a job and need sleep *L* as most of these guys in here)
    ocnbrze likes this.