• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unable to text some people

blank

Nov 7, 2009
I just got my phone yesterday and haven't figured this out yet. I can't text some people. It tells me its unable to send text. Says resend or use area code, but it says the same thing when I enter the area code. It sends it back to me without the area code. I have/the area code entered in the contact details as well.

I have the droid

Seriously does anyonw know how to resolve this? The problem is I originally entered the number with out the area code. So I think some how it has that saved in the memory and keeps ising that number instead of the one with. The area code.

I had it working yesterday, I deleted the chat thread and the contact from address book, then restarted the phone, and it worked after that. Now its doing it again.

Anyoe know how to resolve this? Thanks much

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones