• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unbranded Wildfire can't get firmware updates

Shyshkofas

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hello there

I have an unbranded HTC Wildfire, but it doesn't download any firmware updates. At the moment my software number is 1.14.110.1 and I know that there's an update to 1.25.405.1. But when I want to check for Software updates it says that there are none. What might be the problem?

EDIT : Is it possible that the phone is still branded but without a sim-lock? Because I get T-Mobile start up screen,but use whole other SIM and there's no T-Mobile in the country i'm from.

I cannot help you with your problem directly as I do not know how, however regards your edit yes it still can be branded and be without sim-lock. I have brought my wildfire from eBay and I could use any sim card however later I discovered that in fact it was branded. This is also what may be affecting your update as well.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones