• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UnBrick Guide]LG LEON LTE - MetroPCS (LGMS345) KDZ Firmware

LG LEON LTE - MetroPCS (LGMS345) KDZ Firmware

I found a way to unbrick the Leon LTE for MetroPCS.

Standard disclaimer: This is for MetroPCS ONLY and is the MS34510D version. This guide is for people who have bricked their phone due to messing about with important files/partitions on their LG LEON LTE and found that it won't boot up and gets stuck in a boot loop. The method used in this guide should only be used as a last resort. Don't hold me responsible if this method doesn't restore your phone or makes it worse. THERE IS NO WAY TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO ver MS34510B after using this method.

Installed
LG United Mobile Driver 3.14.1
LG Flash tool 2014 (build 03/07/2014)
After flash tool installation

1. Remove the battery and put it back in.

2. Hold the Volume Up button (ONLY) while connecting to USB Cable

3. The Volume up button needs to be held until it reaches download mode

4. Open device manager and changed the LGE Mobile USB Serial port to COM 20

5. Open the Flash Tool

6. Select Type: 3GQCT

7. PhoneMode: EMERGENCY

8. KDZ : MS34510D_00.KDZ

9. Click on Normal Flash

10. Click on Clear update registry

11. Country: different country

12. Language: English

13. Click okay and wait for the LG Mobile Support tool to recognize the device. It takes a minute or two but the tool will recognize it. The software starts the extraction and re-boots at %100. You can remove USB cable, your device will boot normally, and the device is no longer stuck in a boot loop.

Files needed:

LG Drivers: https://mega.nz/#!oQV3yS6Y!D2JPtEMfHiAXB5E5jC2lfFH8ZIOVLNhEHju28JtYwfI

LG Flash Tool: https://mega.nz/#!BB8UgKCT!YAdGWfYGXGLiV5arZzeSGGivtLlW-BuiKlv_ci2Xp0Y

MS34510d kdz file: https://mega.nz/#!VNtDCb6C!wotJiiw1CfVNTlpxG3XRnsgiLNtUmzB6zj3tkraNB9s

oh really? because i saw this post on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61453241&postcount=322

apparently there is some lg site i can put my imei or esn into to get the kdz file? i tried googling to find this site but i dont know if the site i found is legit

edit and if it was indeed leaked by a metro employee...any chance he can get the kdz for the stylo?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does this file remove root? Does it fix bricks? And is it legit?
Yes - Root will be removed. Fix hard bricked - not to my knowledge. Stuck in boot loop / soft bricked - it recovered mine.
This is from the LG Mobile Support Tool directory that was downloaded when I did a Upgrade Recovery.. Again it worked for me..as with all things flashed use with caution

Upvote 0
Yes - Root will be removed. Fix hard bricked - not to my knowledge. Stuck in boot loop / soft bricked - it recovered mine.
This is from the LG Mobile Support Tool directory that was downloaded when I did a Upgrade Recovery.. Again it worked for me..as with all things flashed use with caution
Is the new software version rootable. I had a L70 that had to be downgraded. So say I flash this kdz and recover my phone will I still be able to root that version of software or no dice.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up to anyone who uses this or has used it. This is stock Metro Firmware 5.1.1, it has been stated that the update locked the bootloader on the T-Mobile version of this device, it might be possible that the same happens to the Metro version. If that is the case I will try to figure something out for the people that have used this

Upvote 0
Just a heads up to anyone who uses this or has used it. This is stock Metro Firmware 5.1.1, it has been stated that the update locked the bootloader on the T-Mobile version of this device, it might be possible that the same happens to the Metro version. If that is the case I will try to figure something out for the people that have used this
Yes, I realized that after posting.

Sorry

Upvote 0
Take it from me. 34510d for T-mobile version gives you oem unlock enable option in developer options, kingroot and supersu me was my only way of un-bricked or complete root, and im now searching for a way to unlock bootloader or downgrade so i can install twrp. If anyone needs a gineau pig, let me know. Message me on kik @ powduh09 or hangouts @ powduh09@gmail.com... Will gladly test any methods for unlocking. And have everything i need to recover from soft brick.

Also, be very weary what you flash to this device. I had no other option than kdz after i flashed supposedly modified xperia apps for any android device. Couldn't even restore my phone from a twrp of another just like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones