under slide skin

Last Updated:

1. saltysteve

saltysteve Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay my driod is getting harder and harder to slide open. i noticed on the back of the phone when its slid open you can see a plastic film. the clear film began to bubble and i thought thats what was causing the slide to not open smoothly. i took off the plastic and its opening nicer. i think maybe if i clean and lube gentally the tracks it might work great again.

anyone have that film problem?

Advertisement
  2. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

That film is on all the Droids. Some people leave it there and have no issues others remove it because thats what they are told to do by Verizon or they remove it for the same reason you did.

3. Technipages

Technipages Well-Known Member

Yep. After it gets hot a few times that film will bubble and bubble until it completely peels off. Mine is gone and the keyboard opens much nicer.

Mitch
    Technipages

4. saltysteve

saltysteve Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

oh okay cool. i wasnt sure if i was doing something i shouldnt have but i had to because of the bubbles that developed.

5. meek_reese

meek_reese Well-Known Member

This topic had been done to death a few months ago, but its interesting to see it back on top of the boards.

A friend of mine just got a new droid (his launch droid's headphone jack got messed up). When verizon set the droid up for him, they took the little plastic thing off of the back of the slider thing. They told him it was supposed to come off.