• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped.

Hello, everyone! I need some help with a phone and I'm not sure how to word my Google searches, so I figured I'd just sign up here.

The big issue: Every time I try to run an app, I get the error "Unfortunately, X has closed." This happens to contacts, media, and everything else. Because of this, I am not able to make calls or send or receive texts. The error of the most concern is the "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped." I feel like finding the source of that issue will help me get to a resolution.

I've found a lot of suggestions that say to Go to Settings > Apps > All > Clear Cache and Data, which leads me to...

The small issue:
I don't have an "All" tab. I have "Downloaded," "Running," and "USB Storage."

I'm not even sure if that is relevant because I've performed a factory reset a couple of times (which I'd assume would clear the cache and data) and the issue has not been resolved. The phone is not rooted. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :p

i have a i515 Vz Gnex with AOKP JB B2 and franco kernel on latest radios....

my co worker has the same phone on AOKP JB B1 and franco too and also latest radios... so i went and tried to flash AOKP JB B2 and after reboot i got a cronic android.process.phone error... flashed JB B1 back and that went away but then got the process.contacts and process.acore error...

i flashed JB B2 (new copy) and the process.phone was still there.... so i factory reset via CWM... went away... restored all apps... all good.. so i made a nandroid of the phone as of the new install.... next morning she comes to me that the process.android.phone was crashing again.... restored the nandroid i did and was working fine...

just to be safe since she was going on a trip i went ahead and flashed the known good AOKP JB B1 and after that i got the process.android.contacts and process.android.acore errors again.... after a bit of diggin they say the contacts and phone database is corrupt...

so i went ahead and cleared data/cache on contacts, and phone.... and it has gone away....
maybe this will work for u?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones